Dental On 11 Year Old

RJ's home! 10 extractions! Canines and molars are left. He's a little woozy but doc said he did really well. Yeah!!!!! They sent home (free!) Vetriscience Perio Support. Its a herbal powder to put on meals for bad breath and to help control plaque.

Often after a major dental such as RJ's, there is an increase in Happy Tail, in the good way. He is going to feel soo much better. Yay!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

oh goodness! RJ was a delight before the surgery. Always happy happy happy. Don't know how with those horrible teeth. I'm guessing now he'll be bouncing off the walls happy. I'd send a pic but I don't think I can using an iphone and ipad.

Thought I'd read everything there was to read about dentals and extractions. Guess not! Thanks for another useful thread, GT! Glad RJ is doing well!

Tbhounds, if a vet doesn't offer intra-oral rads or decides they're not needed, would you recommend that I insist or seek a new vet for the dentals? My vet has an oral surgeon who comes in to complete dentals once a week. We had Brooks in there last year and he had one extraction; all went well, so I do trust them. But when it was Kali's turn (she hadn't had one since her adoption 18 months earlier), they did a visual inspection only and said it wasn't necessary. They did use the "cracker" on some of her bigger teeth to remove calculus -- and both dogs get brushed every other day. Just curious if you think I should push them to do rads on Kali to make sure there aren't hidden problems that a visual inspection wouldn't show, especially since she's 2+ years since her last dental now. Sorry to hijack.

Drew and occasionally DW Melody, with Rosie (AMF Ready Made) and Marvin (Bella Riddick) in Louisville. Forever missing Brooks (KC Bastone) and Kali (Swish).