Widespread Pain?

Hi, all, we're having an unusual issue with Po'boy, and I thought maybe someone here has gone through similar and has some insight.

Friday night in the middle of the night, out of nowhere, we woke up to Po'boy doing the GSOD. Ran downstairs to check him, and nothing seemed obviously wrong. He's not limping, not favoring any particular body part that I can isolate, he's just clearly in overall pain and discomfort. When he lays down, he has to get up and shift every few minutes because he's uncomfortable, and often when he's shifting, he'll let out a scream. But he's walking fine, can jump up and down off the couch with no problems, and seems fine standing around. Eating and drinking normally.

I called the vet to try to get him in on Saturday, but they didn't have any appointments till noon today. They did give me some Tramadol, so I've kept him pretty drugged up over the weekend to keep him comfortable. He seems fine when he's on the drugs.

Any ideas for widespread, non-localized pain? My first thought was a pinched nerve. Of course I'm afraid of cancer, but this doesn't mimic either incident of bone cancer that I've gone through with other dogs.

Brief update: the vet couldn't definitively rule out cancer, but she also didn't see anything that screamed cancer. More likely it's a pinched nerve/pulled muscle issue, in conjunction with a pretty bad corn on one foot that probably caused him to accommodate that foot and throw off his structure. We're going to run some Xrays and dig out the corn just to make sure, and probably do a dental while he's under, later this week.

Glad you got tentative good news. I'd be insistent on some pain relief in the interim, if medically safe.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Oh, I have a whole pharmacy of meds! Tramadol for pain, an antifungal for the corn, antibiotic for his terrible teeth, anti-inflammatory, gabapentin, and a muscle relaxer. He's definitely not feeling any pain right now. ;) That said, even when the meds should be wearing down, he doesn't seem to be in as much pain, so I'm hoping it was a weird one-off. I'm still going to do the xrays and whatnot, but I'm not feeling quite so worried.

Glad to hear he's starting to do better.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.