Salmon Oil Toxicity?

Oh my. While I see diarrhea in your future, all I can think of is that their blood may be thinned to the point of not clotting until the salmon oil is out of their system. :dunno

Googling around I see mention of increased bruising, dizziness and nausea.

http://fishoildogs.net/blog/to-much-fish-oil-can-be-bad-for-your-dog/

http://saveabull.com/dog-ate-fish-oil/

http://startupfiance.com/2010/intervention/

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Call your vet. That's a lot of fat and there may be a risk of pancreatitis, but I'm not sure what the vet would advise. 8 oz. of Salmon oil is generally 335% an adult human's daily allowance of fat, and I don't think it helps that it's "good" fat.

And yes--there's the clotting issue to worry about.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I don't see much sleep in your immediate future!

So sorry for your kids. (though, at least right now, they're probably not so sorry!)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I am convinced some (possibly rancid) fish oil gave my dog a near-pancreatitis crisis (she was just under the threshold for acute pancreatitis). If you see any problems (hers was diarrhea that did not resolve over some days) I would take it very seriously. She was on a pretty heavy dose of metronidazole for a month and has been fed low fat ever since.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

The E-vet is probably going to tell you to call the poison line.

They did. I did.

I'm to expect barfing and poop leakage. Fudge.

Dad and I made the 15 hour drive from Florida yesterday. I arrived home at 1:30. Sleep at 2:30. Awake at 6:30 -- then bridesmaid crap for the big fat Guate-Paki-Rican wedding all day. I'm so done. The shower is tomorrow. I have to be there at 7:30. Ahhhhhhhh!

This should totally be in Soap Box.