Magic Inthestars - 1/5/01 - 4/15/15

brindlehound

Sounds like you and Magic experienced a lot together. I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart sank when I saw Magic's name. I'm so very, very sorry. I'll miss him.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Carol, I'm so very, very sorry. Magic, what a wonderful boy! Safe journey, sweet man, I'll miss you. :beatheart

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Oh, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how much you will miss your sweet boy, who was such a loving, constant, companion.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Run free, dear Magic! :gh_run2 I think you have a lot in common with my Doc, who left us the same day. If you see him, see if he can help you send a sign to your mom that you are happy and well, now that you are up there in the stars for good and all. I think from her comment on one of my threads about him that she would appreciate it.

Carol, I am very sorry for your loss. :bighug It's no easy thing to do, is it? Even when you know in your heart it's the right thing.

I hope you will find comfort in the short poem below. It's by Leo Marks and is usually associated with a brave woman - it's said to have been the code poem used by Violette Szabo, the WW2 British agent - but has also always seemed to me to describe beautifully our dogs' trust in us, and the responsibility that brings):

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours.

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause.

For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours
and yours.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Carol, Magic was such a sweet boy and it was wonderful that you found each other. He was so lucky to have you as his mom. We will miss him! :cry1

Kathy, Breeze and Beka

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• 3 weeks later...