Magic Inthestars - 1/5/01 - 4/15/15

brindlehound

On August 13, 2005, 9.5 years ago, I went to the Doylestown, PA area to meet my cat-safe greyhound. I didn't know gender, age, color, etc. of the dog. When I arrived, I was greeted by 2 handsome brindle boys, Mohican and Magic.

Yesterday morning, I helped Magic go to the Rainbow Bridge. In the last couple of years, he developed hind-end weakness. More recently, he developed fecal incontinence and had more trouble getting up and coming in the house. Yesterday morning, I discovered that he had a nosebleed through the night and decided he was ready to go to the Bridge.

Magic and I have been so much together. Six months after he came to me, he was attacked by 2 pitbulls but survived. We've lived in a couple of places where I didn't feel we were safe. He had lyme disease a couple of years ago and an assortment of other minor injuries. I was laid off almost 2 years ago. He was patient with me through "Black Friday" and the 10 - 12 hour days this past tax season. Through all my frustrations, Magic was my rock. I'll miss my sweet brindle boy.

Run free at the Bridge where you're happy and healthy. We'll see each other again.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the stars aligned so that you two found each other! You were perfect for each other and perfect together. What a wonderful life he had with you. Lots of comfortable snoozes, homemade yummy treats, vacations to see his friends at GIG, lavished in your love. Both of you blessed to have each other. I will miss sweet Magic. Maggie will miss her guy. The stars were so bright last night. I think they were welcoming one of their own home. GodSpeed Magic.

Edited by maggiespet

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Oh Carol...I am so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Magic.

Remember all those good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so very sorry. You were meant for each other and I am sure your boy is smiling down on you now.

Run free Magic, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye for now to your handsome boy. :grouphug

Rest in peace, Magic. :gh_lay

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Carol - I'm so sorry Magic had to leave you... we'll all miss him here on GT too...

Many hugs

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. His sweet face in your signature has always made me smile. Rest well, Magic; you will be missed.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry to read this. I remember Magic so well. I cried along with you when he was attacked and was so glad when he made his recovery. I know you are missing him right now. Sending prayers for your heart to heal.

Run Free Magic.....

:f_red

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

My heart goes out to you on having to help your old magical friend to the Bridge. How blessed you both were to have shared each others' lives. :grouphug

Godspeed Magic, you will be missed.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Carol, there are no words. I'm so sorry Magic has reached that bend in life's road where your ways must part.

Run with the angels, Magic. Send your momma a sign

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Hugs.

Godspeed, special pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.