Mopey/limping After Shots?

Tracker got DHLPP3, Lepto booster, and Rabies shots today. Maybe 2 hours later, when he came into the kitchen, he wasn't happy. He limped on the front legs (he got the injections in both shoulders), and looked kind of out of it. Could there be any connection? Pain on the shoulders maybe from the shots? I know cats can often get really tired from shots, but limping?

Well humans often get sore arms from flu shots or whatever, so it doesn't seem impossible. Do you have pain meds you can give him? My cat acted like she was hurting after shots and the vet gave her pain meds.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Undoubtably a reaction to all those shots at one time. Folks don't realize what an assault even 1 vaccine is to the body but when you get clobbered with all of them at once-no wonder it knocked the wind out of his sails. IMO its always better to space vaccinations a couple of weeks apart.

sometimes there's some aches and pains after bundled boosters, but they should be over shortly. the lepto shot is generally the one that will cause the most discomfort, but it's temporary and the disease itself is horrific. call your vet and communicate, that's the best. my welsh terrier used to react a tad and just slept it off- sleeping for a welsh terrier is a true sign of discomfort. strange location of the shot- isn't it?

Guest AngelPup

It seems like a lot of shots all at once. Could definitely have an effect on him. I don't usually do more than two at a time.

Also the type of needle they use could cause more or less pain. At our last appointment, Cindy Lou got her Lyme and Lepto boosters. The vet tech used puppy needles so she wouldn't feel it (cause, "Greyhounds are so sensitive." :beatheart ). Provided us instructions on what to look for and do if she experienced any side effects. I noticed NOTHING! She didn't have a reaction nor did she seem to be in any discomfort.

I'm happy to report that even at 9:30pm last night he was already much more normal. And today is totally fine again. But I learned a lesson here. I didn't know about the risks involved in doing so many shots at the same time, but now I do and I won't do it again. Thanks for everyone's input.

Also double check your bill--based on what you posted your hound received two lepto vaccines. (The "L" in the dhlpp is lepto). Also the most common area to give a rabies vaccine is the right hind leg--strictly so it can be identified if a future localized reaction should be seen.

The vet gave Melly all of her shots at once (except the rabies shot) and I could tell she was out of sorts when we went to bed. The next morning, she was holding up her front leg on the side where the shots were given. I gave her some Previcox and thankfully she was much better within an hour and was putting weight on her leg. She was still very quiet the entire day. Will not let them give all of the shots at one time again.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.