Joint Aid Supplement

MattB

Someone gave us a bag of Joint Aid (http://www.jointaid.co.uk/) which, after reading its claims I thought could only be a good thing and I've been adding a maintenance dose into my 2 hounds foods for a few months now.

I couldn't find any mention of this product on this forum but just wondered if this is something that other people are using. I'm happy to continue if it's doing something useful but don't just want to sleepwalk into it if there's unlikely to be any benefit.

Any thoughts on this?

I have never heard of that brand. My vet who has a lot of greyhound clients and is our vet of choice for the retired racing greyhound agency I work for recommends joint supplement for hounds two years and

older.

I have used Springtime Natural Joint Health and have used it for about 4 years. My two are even in the catalog. My girl Peace ran 177 races and had two litters of puppies. Even at 13 she did not limp or act stiff when she got up from her bed.

I have never heard of that brand. My vet who has a lot of greyhound clients and is our vet of choice for the retired racing greyhound agency I work for recommends joint supplement for hounds two years and

older.

I have used Springtime Natural Joint Health and have used it for about 4 years. My two are even in the catalog. My girl Peace ran 177 races and had two litters of puppies. Even at 13 she did not limp or act stiff when she got up from her bed.

Love that! We use the same product with very good results (although none of my campers are in the catalog lol).

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Jointaid is a well known brand here in the UK, where I think Matt B is also based? I've not used it myself, Doc gets Stride powder which is similar, and was recommended by our vet who had used it on his own elderly dog to good effect:http://www.viovet.co.uk/Stride_for_Dogs/c394/?sct_t=1428853671&sct_q=stride&sct_r=1

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Heard of it & worth trying to see if has any benefit but may need at least 6 weeks to see any change. There's so many on market, yumove advance has been tested & they do a working one which is a bit cheaper for younger active dogs but can't see that much difference in ingredients. Some brands work out rather expensive per month for greyhound dose, our vet reccomended the stride plus too but was in a liquid form.

I Keep meaning to give the turmeric golden paste a try on my oldies as hearing lots of positives & be more economical with 3 hounds.

Guest kisstherain

Hi, if you are in the US, I usually give my girl joint supplements from trader joes. They make glucosamine supplements for pets and for a bottle of 100 pills (sorry can't remember exact size) it is $9.99. I think the serving size is half a tablet daily per 20lbs. I think it is good quality and pretty affordable. I give my girl two pills a day (they are liver flavored a she loves them). There is more info about it online if you want to look at it before you stop by trader joes (keep in mind Amazon overprices it, it is $9.99 at actual trader joe stores):

http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Glucosamine-Chondroitin-Dogs/dp/B003ZMGC6G

Edited by kisstherain