Blocked Nose?

Hi, a few minutes ago one of my greys was eating her food and doing what I think is reverse sneezing. I couple of times she sounded like she was choking do I took the food away. I just wondered if this could be an allergy? We've just been away for the weekend to family. The other thing is she's incredibly tired after running around all weekend. I was planning on watching her carefully tomorrow morning and we'd go to the vets if no change.

You can't tell any difference with her when she's not eating.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Could she have been eating too fast? I'd try and feed her again and see what happens. The only time mine have ever choked was when I tried to feed dry kibble. They ate it without chewing it good so I soak their kibble in water.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Here's a reverse sneeze video for comparison. https://youtu.be/1UyBrb0Hhpk

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Matt, where do you live? If you live near the Chicagoland area there is a nasty canine influenza going around. something to think about.

One incidence of reverse sneezing and I would NOT jump to the conclusion your dog has nasal worms!

She probably had a little piece of kibble up her nose!

It's just one of those little things that will happen to a dog from time to time, and unless it starts to happen often, forget about it.

Allergies rarely manifest the same way they do with humans, FYI. Dogs who are allergic are typical super itchy.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Hi, I'm in the UK. Daisy was fine today. Watched that video, it wasn't quite like that. It literally like like she was eating but breathing through her mouth at the same time then coughing the food back up. Completely normal today thanks for all your advice.

Regarding being incredibly tired after a fun weekend: That's normal. If your girl is used to walks and perhaps a short run around a yard, then heavy exercise/fun/running will make her extra tired, just as it would people. When we used to go to our group's annual picnic, at which there could be 20+ Greys, Annie would run and play and do it again two or three times, and the next day, she was flat out napping.