What Treats Do You Use?

Guest agreytday

Does anyone know where the Trader Joe dog treats- the ones mentioned here are made? Could not find any information on it and my boys love those cookies but I don't feel comfortable feeding them something without knowing where they are made.

I found a couple of comments on Amazon and Dog Food Advisor where people inquired and Trader Joe's replied "Our Trader Joe's Natural Dog Treats are packaged/processed in the U.S., and all ingredients are sourced from the U.S. and/or Canada." However, I just emailed them to be sure and will report back. I give Sweep their Mint-a-Breath bones and Beef Stick Twists (aka bully sticks), both of which are labeled Made in USA, but until today I did not realize her beloved peanut butter treats do not specify where they're made. Thanks for bringing this up!

ETA: In addition to the above, Sweep gets Freshpet's Dognation/Dog Joy chicken or beef treats and turkey bacon (all refrigerated), and Blue Buffalo's Lamb & Apple BlueStix, which are the perfect size to plug the small end of a Kong.

Following up on this. Just received this email:

Thank you for your email. Our treats are made in the US therefore do not require a country of origin label. We do not track the origin for all ingredients, but they do not contain any Chinese sourced ingredients. Please know that if we had any reason for concern, we would not continue to supply that product and/or use that supplier. Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers and crew, and the quality of our products. Sincerely, Amy Trader Joe's Customer Relations

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest Dancer

My pup will do 'back flips' for dried green tripe...really stinky (to humans) so I save it for high value rewards. Otherwise marshmallows, bananas or anything peanut buttery, cheesy, fishy, meaty (not duck or pork - causes obnoxious gas later on).