Raw Feeders: Los Angeles Area

Guest kisstherain

Guest kisstherain

Hi Everyone!

I have been feeding my girl raw ever since I adopted her, but I have been feeding her prepared raw meat (i.e. Tucker's Raw) that came in pre portioned packages from the pet store. I am now thinking about buying meat from meat shops/co-ops because I now have more freezer space. I also want to give her more variety, and am also hoping to save some money as well.

Does anyone know of any raw meat co-ops in the LA area or any reasonably priced butcher places that have good quality (organic or at least hormone-free, free range) meat? So far I found Harmony Farms as a good meat shop on yelp, but I haven't been able to find any co-ops. The link to the SoCal BARF CO-OP isn't working, does anyone know if they are still around?

Thanks!

Edited by kisstherain

Hi,

I am not familiar with your area, but have some links for raw co-ops and groups. I do believe the SoCal BARF group still exists, but I tried their site and couldn't get in like you said. They have an active twitter account though, and it looks like they still do deliveries. https://twitter.com/socalbarf

Also, you may want to check out Creston Valley Meats. A bit pricey (maybe not compared to store bought raw) but they do sell some mixes and ingredients/organs that are hard to find. :)

http://crestonvalleymeats.com/cvnorth/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=81

Check out local butchers and/or ethnic markets as well.

Edited by RedHead

There is a group of us, Mar Vista Green Tripe group, who order quarterly from Greentripe.com. I order Xkaliber, it's not the only thing I feed, but it is the base of the raw that I feed. I buy duck necks, turkey necks and chicken feet from Sun Valley Foods on Penrose in Sun Valley, it is all human grade food. I get the Pet mix at Harmony Farms to make sure I have enough innards in their food. Feel free to email me if you have any questions clkruzan at gmail dot com

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest kisstherain

Thanks for the speedy answers!! I think I will check out Harmony Farms first since it is closest to me, and I am going to run out of food soon. Thanks for the suggestions, and I will definitely look into Green Tripe, Creston Valley, and SoCal BARF!!

Edited by kisstherain