Leaking Pee When Stretching After Meal

So it basically says it all!

In the morning, we take Jack (3 years old, been with us for 3 months) out first thing in the morning where he pees and then we go back in where he gets breakfast. Then I get ready (around half an hour or so) and we go for a walk.

However, this past 2 days I have noticed that after his meal, he stretches (not unusual) then when he get back up on 4 vertical legs, a tiny bit of urine drips. It must be in total the size of 2-3 quarters. I don't know if either I haven't noticed it before or if he just started doing this, but it seems to be only after eating.

I doubt it is because he have to go again in such a short time (He is not rushing on our walk). He is able to hold it all day when we are working and all night also. It really is just after eating...

Is this normal? Jack doesn't even seem to notice...

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

I am going through this now. Last month my 8 year old boy came in from peeing and I noticed him licking himself for a few minutes. I walked over to check him. he was lying on his bed and when I lifted his leg to look dribbles of pee kept coming out. No visible blood. I brought him to the vet the next day and had urinalysis/ bloodwork run and it was all normal. The vet put him on antibiotics for one week just in case there was an underlying infection. The dribbling went away. Fast forward to last Friday. I notice him licking again and when I look there is thick cheesy smegma leaking from his penis and dried on the inside of his legs(gross!). So, off to the vet last night and she flushed the penile sheath about 5 times and a ton of silly putty looking goop came out! She flushed it until it was clean and put some antibiotic up there. He will be on antibiotics for two weeks and she will reflush to make sure it is resolved. I think the dribbling in his case was because there was so much goop in there that he could not pee properly. He had no change in pee habits either. Just wanted to offer my experience. Hope you find a cause.

Thank you!

Nothing happenned yesterday, but this morning again the same thing. Out for business, breakfast, dog puzzle, then when my boyfriend was petting him - leak...

I took his urine pH this morning (first pee) and it was 7.0-7.5. Doesn't confirm much... Would you recommend a urinalysis first or straight take the dog in?

Edited by locket

It could be he's just not empting his bladder completely at times. To be safe I would bring a first a.m. urine sample to your vet and have them run a urinalysis. Try to catch the urine mid stream. When was the last time he had an exam?

My guess is he's not emptying his bladder completely --he may be rushing because breakfast is waiting. If the behavior continues you should have him (and his urine) looked at.

What if you feed him first then, take him out???

Well that seemed to do it this morning, we will see how it goes and monitor him carefully :)

Thank you for the suggestion!