Raw Food Diet Literature

Guest Johberry

Guest Johberry

Has anyone come across any good books? Looking to order as I research since I'm not on social media. Have already read the Raw Food Basics thread and others which have great starter guidelines but it'd be handy to own hard copy guides for reference. Thank you in advance!

I found this link very helpful in rating raw diet books based on the nutritional analysis of the recipes (click on each book to give more of a review and summary). Note there are many books out there that offer bad advice/unbalanced diet options.

http://www.dogaware.com/diet/bookreviews.html

I have read almost every book out there, but my personal favourites are Dr. Becker's Real Foods For Healthy Dogs and Cats as well as Lew Olsen's Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs. It depends on the type of raw you are feeding as well, prey model people would probably not like Dr. Becker's, but it is one of the few books that actually backs up the recipes with nutritional analysis at the back (which I like, because I am a bit obsessive :P). I get mine at dogwise.com the prices were cheaper.

Edited by RedHead