Betty Joan - Jun 17 2003 - Mar 25 2015

jshell

Have always loved the name..........Betty Joan. My favorite.

I am so sorry for your loss. She will be missed.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the kind words. It's hard, as so many of you know. Part of the price for the privilege of sharing our lives with such wonderful creatures.

I took Wednesday off, so yesterday was the first day of coming home from work to an empty house. Oh man, that hit hard, not having that greeting and interaction. I crossed the threshold of the door and was crushed. :( This morning, it's missing getting to kiss that sweet little head... :weep

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

Betty Joan we are glad you are feeling better but sorry you had to go to the bridge to be better. :bighug:bighug to your mom who we are sure is missing you

Daphne & Penny

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so sorry to hear this. I loved your posts, photos, and stories about Betty Joan. My condolences on the loss of your sweet girl.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I'm so sorry. All the "first withouts" are so hard. As are so many of the seconds and thirds and ...

I played her video for my hounds, who came running to her barks. :grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 11 months later...

It's been a year... Goddammit it's been a year... As that awful night unfolded... Going from "maybe it's bad" to "maybe it'll be OK" to "oh my, it's very bad."

Thought I'd have something more eloquent to say but I just miss Betty. :cry1

But we did have such a nice wonderful month and an excellent couple of weekends right before the end, which came up suddenly so we only held on to those days and nights before it like we always did and I always made sure to tell her I loved her and I'd ask her if she had a good day and if she was looking forward to tomorrow and her ears always would perk up for the word 'tomorrow'. Did the same thing our last normal night.

So... trying to have no regrets but miss her crazy and still can't get around (yet) to getting another hound but ... someday..

Anyways - Betty. I love you. Thanks for nearly 10 good years together.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

:wub:

Rest well, sweetest girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

The big cries still come, years later. But only real, true love can do that. Yours and Betty Joan's was that kind of love. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thanks everyone. I can certainly share some more pics!

We loved going to the Farmers Market together. We'd get up early in the summer as it was about a 25 minute walk each way from our house so we wanted to beat the heat. It was fun. She loved market, especially for The Sharing Of The Breakfast Burrito. This may be from one of the last ones we went to, back in 2014.

14702070927_c70103963b_c.jpg

This really was a great thing to share together. I started going with her immediately, since we lived just half a block away when I first adopted her and thought it would be a great way to get/keep her socialized.

18922277652_9982972f36_c.jpg

More than anything, though, she loved to lay in the sun on the patio. This is just about 10 days before she passed, seen here taking in a big sniff of springtime air.

16924275325_9cb6681cf6_c.jpg

Even as fall would move in and the area of sunshine on the patio got smaller, she wanted to be in it. Sometimes when there was just a little corner of sunshine left on the patio she would paw at it like she could pull it back.

15103158200_1809701d06_c.jpg

:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Her last winter was a very mild one, and I was working from home a lot, so she got a lot of extra sun time.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

It's lovely to see some pictures of her again. Her fan club still misses her too. :beatheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Jeff - I'm so sorry... and so suddenly is always hard.

Many hugs...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge