Betty Joan - Jun 17 2003 - Mar 25 2015

jshell

She was fine this morning, came home and she was in fairly obvious pain. A few hours later at the e-vet it becomes obvious that it's not going to get better. Love you Betty Joan. First grownup dog, first greyhound, you were the best! Such a good ambassador and the neighborhood and farmers markets are going to miss you! And all your neighbors too! The neighborhood kitties won't miss you but everyone else will. Especially me babe.

Even though our obscenely warm winter here in The West may mean fires and famine come summer, I'm glad it gave you many many wonderful chances to lay out in the sun. Like just this past Saturday. Was that not just about perfect?

16304236033_e213f2657a_c.jpg

After all of tonight's pain, I'm glad your final moments brought you back to your wonderful relaxed and sleeping form, but I'll miss having that form curled up tight next to me in bed.

16304235143_14e3f0e3cb_c.jpg

The infamous sit, from the first day we met:

31584031_e5f49bcdfd_z.jpg

And a flash back to when we chose to adopt each other:

16924372105_682fd74a37_z.jpg

Love you so much kid!

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a pretty girl, I send you many condolences on her loss :f_white

Run free, Betty Joan! :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

I will add Betty Joan's name to the list of Bridge Angels. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'd just been wondering about you two who fit together so beautifully. I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, Betty Joan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I've always loved her name. Betty Joan has been such a wonderful friend to you, and you to her. I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed beautiful girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am devastated to see this. I loved Betty Joan's beautiful face and sweet name for so long. Sending you a hug, Jeff. :grouphug

Godspeed, pretty baby.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

What a beautiful girl, I am very sorry she had to leave.

Run free Betty Joan, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.