Dental Stories...

Dental experiences  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Was your dental experience/s

• Good
    • Bad

Heyokha's came out to about $1200 the last time. The one before that was like $900-ish. I think it ran me about $700 at OSU the year before that. I feel your pain.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

sorry to say - the price quoted to you seems right on for our area.

I've had greyhounds now for 17 years,, some with terrible teeth - others blessed with perfect teeth.

We have never had any issue with bleeding, anesthesia, waking up or anything!! knock on wood!!

My oldest dog in for dental or other surgery was at age 13... :)

I am the one who is a nervous wreck thru it all --- dogs always do fine!

good luck!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest TheGirlz

Our 11yo girl had a dental 2 weeks ago, we had the blood and urine tests done that morning. She was meant to have one of the very large molars taken out, but they didn't need to once they did xrays etc. However, she lost x4 others that we didn't know about. The bill for the 4 smaller ones came in cheaper that the large one but it was still just under $900. That did include all the painkillers and antibiotics for 5 days at home. Tessa came out of the anesthesia a little slow but nothing the Vet's were concerned about and when she got home she just slept - nothing unusual there! I also booked her in for a Friday morning and they let her out just after 4pm, have to say it was nice to take her home and then spend the weekend with her before having to leave her by herself. She was just a little wobbly for the rest of the day Friday but was her normal self on the Saturday.

I feel your pain, anytime Tessa goes under anesthesia it makes me very nervous - everytime she does just fine

@Hollis: That's not bad. I've never paid less than $900 CDN for a dental (between bloodwork, pretests, extractions, cleaning, anaesthetic...)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Lol. So now you guys are making feel better about both the dental ANDY the cost.

Thanks!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Just took Kimmie-Pickle in for her annual visit last week. She's needs a cleaning and possibly an extraction. NOW, I'm nervous. Blood tests were done; everything okay there. I have changed vets since her last annual,, and I do recall her having anesthesia for something that I can't bring to my mind now but I do recall that the previous vet mentioned that "next time" she'd use less. Vets I'm using now are a couple I've used in the past; and KP's records are being sent over from previous vet.

I'm still nervous! Dr. W assured me that both her and Dr K will be there that morning; and they'll go over everything with me. And,, she was very receptive to the info from Tufts about monitoring the potassium levels. I've got til April 1st ...that's the day I'll be pacing.

She's my baby girl! And she's only 5. You'd think I'd never done this before .. she's my 5th hound...does it ever get easier? Or do we just worry more easily?

Guest Liz_in_PA

Bonnie had her first one in four years last week. Quote was $430 to $495. They ran her blood twice because the techs didn't know about greyhound values. The vet laughed when they asked after second set of tests. Two of the little front toofers removed. The rest are shiny. Bill was $460. Bonnie was a bit loopy and very cuddly for the evening. She did have a hefty bruise on Her neck for a week.

We give chicken quarters for dinner.

I am also amused that toofers autocorrected to roofers. Having roofers removed would probably be more expensive.