Dislocated Toe--Best Wishes

Leo's got some feet issues in general, and today I heard the GSD. I talked to the evet, and said since we've gotten the toe back to it's proper position, and since I have Tramadol to give him, and since we know how to wrap it, there's no point of bringing him in, they can't do anything else for him. Still, any good thoughts you have to offer for him would be very, very welcome until Monday morning.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Sending good thoughts for Leo. Wiki sympathizes with him about toe issues. He's currently healing up from what appears to have been a nailbed infection/abscess on the one good toe on his left front foot (one amputated, the other 2 arthritic from previous dislocations).

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

We're sending some good thoughts to Leo. Hopefully this will be the one and only time it dislocates. We had a foster Grey whose one toe dislocated a lot (once every two days or so), and it was most distal joint. By that time it did not hurt him when it happened and we just wiggled it back into place.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Zuri has had multiple toe dislocations. It's one of his things. :P His have always healed up pretty easily with the help of an NSAID and some rest. Hopefully that a the case for you as well.

FWIW, he has done it mire than once on the same toe so I now vetwrap it before he does any serious running to prevent it from happening yet again.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sending along some wishes and prayers for Leo from Flower who dislocated the same toe last Saturday that she dislocated in November, definitely no fun, extra treats, love and lots of rest.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Leo has been resting in comfort all day and has been quite pleased with the cheese his tramadol comes wrapped in. The swelling was much better this morning than it was last night.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Good job on getting it back in place. It's a creepy process at times, isn't it? Hope he recovers well and doesn't do it again!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

The vet checked him out and gave meloxicam (whatever the dog version is called) to give him in addition to the Tramadol. He's scheduled for a dental tomorrow anyway, so they're going to do some xrays to look at this toe and another one that's always been at a funny angle.

Guest Relohound

My 8-year old female Grey dislocated her toe so many times last year, I finally decided to amputate it. While she was under, the vet called me to say scar tissue had formed, he was unable to move it manually, and there's no need to take the toe! Oddly, just a month later, my 6 year old Grey dislocated her toe several times, so I just popped it back in as needed until her toe scarred up, too. No vet visit. Both dislocations happened after a move to a new state, with a backyard that is just slightly curved that they love to run in. Just odd that even after going full force in dog parks, this never happened. But all turned out well and no toe pop-outs since.

Good healing thoughts for Leo.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.