Wrapping Elbow And Paw

Bella took a spill on ice this am and banged herself up, poor girl. I cannot get a bandage to stay on, so need suggestions.

She also took off a lot of skin between two toes and keeps pulling off the bandage, even if we put a boot on it.

Thanks in advance.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc415/sarabz76/IMAG0165_1.jpg[\img]

Eta - having issues posting the image from my phone.

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

It's hard to see in the picture but, it looks like just an abrasion on the elbow. I wouldn't wrap that-just apply some triple antibiotic ointment. If you have jammies you could those on just to keep her from licking or a long sleeve t-shirt or sweatshirt will work too. Regarding her toes-baby sock--you can try to rub a sport medicine cream on the outside of the sock (or roll on deodorant) to prevent licking. If those tricks fail there's always a muzzle.

A good way to cover the elbow area is to use a strategically cut long crew sock. I learned this trick from a friend who I believe saw it on the Internet somewhere. It's easier to explain in person, but maybe this will work...

Take a sock and cut along where the red lines are in this pic:

sock.jpg

And here's how it goes on. The toe of the sock forms the loop that goes over the shoulders. Let me know if you can't figure it out from the pics, and I'll try to explain better.

11018820_10152726251582253_5403035006991

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Oh, that is VERY clever!!

Her elbow is actually looking ok. It stopped oozing, she's leaving it alone and moving ok without breaking it open again so I'm leaving it to heal. Of course lots of checking on it and using antibiotic ointment to keep it soft and infection-free.

The baby sock worked on her paw last night and she's moving much better today. My concern there of course is infection so will be attempting to keep that wrapped up and medicated a little longer.

Really appreciate the help. I should have been less lazy and tried a better search but of course you can't search GT for "paw" as it's three letters. :)

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

It's hard to see in the picture but, it looks like just an abrasion on the elbow. I wouldn't wrap that-just apply some triple antibiotic ointment. If you have jammies you could those on just to keep her from licking or a long sleeve t-shirt or sweatshirt will work too. Regarding her toes-baby sock--you can try to rub a sport medicine cream on the outside of the sock (or roll on deodorant) to prevent licking. If those tricks fail there's always a muzzle.

agree, but i will say JJNG's sock thing is very cool. it should heal in just a couple of days.