Pray For Cody

Guest sc1911cwp

Guest sc1911cwp

I wanted to post about Cody. He has been back to see the Vet and a new set of x-rays were taken. The Dx of OS has been confirmed and it is growing. Cody is pain free, however his limp is more pronounced then before. Except for my Mother-In-Law everyone is now aware including some neighbors. We discussed treatment for Cody. This decision is heartbreaking. My wife and I are nurses and work a lot taking care of others. Having an elderly couple in our home has its adjustments as well. I have decided to let Cody enjoy what remains of his time with us and let him pass when necessary. I will only post one more time to let you know when he leaves us. I began this thread looking for some understanding and hope and only post now to complete what I started. Bless you all for your prayers and thoughts. Things do not always happen as we want. This is enough to accept as it is.

Edited by sc1911cwp

I am so very sorry to read Osteo has been diagnosed. Spoil your boy and love every minute of him.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry to read of this diagnosis. Wishing you many more good days. Make memories, take photos and make each day special.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• 1 month later...
Guest sc1911cwp

I let Cody pass today. I feel so horrible inside. We let him go at home in my lap. It was time. Only my wife and I were there. He went peaceably. However, it is little comfort to post this. He was like Gomer Pyle in personality and only wanted to please. He would make a good person, better than I. I loved him. I want to remember him throughout my life as an inspiration to me of what it means to be happy, kind, funny, to llive in the moment and and be a friend.

Thank you for your thoughts, words and prayers. If someone could do me a favor and upload a picture I would be appreciative. Jimbo Airport "Cody" from the NGA site. The one with him laying down in the yard.Thank You.

Edited by sc1911cwp

I'm so sorry for the loss of your stunning boy. Hugs to you and your wife.

Godspeed, handsome.

Greyhound_Jimbo_Airport-_2big_zpsyqvk3wb

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Cody.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee