Zander Is Home (Came Home Wednesday Eve)

Hi everyone,

Zander came home Wednesday evening. We are all so pleased with his progress. He ate the pork cookies (dehydrated pork we make for the dogs) in the van coming home) when he came out from the back at the hospital and saw me, he literally screamed.

He then dragged the vet over to me and proceeded to drag me out the door. I literally had to slow him down.nhe wanted O U T . O F T H E R E!!!!

When we got home, we brought out the dogs a few at a time in the backyard to see Zander. After a brief, oh hi, where Ya been, ohhhhh I smell where you've been, you poor bastard... It was business as usual.

I slept on the couch downstairs and it was a relatively quiet night. He got a little restless about 3 am, I bought him out for pee pee and all was good.

Here is when we got home last night and had a snack.

image.jpg1_zps0xsmvh96.jpg

Looking adorable!

image.jpg6_zpsyf8heh8t.jpg

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Looking good, Zander! :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Glad to hear that he's doing well.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Zander looks fab! It sounds as tho everything went as well as it possibly could, so pleased for you guys!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

He looks awesome!

Just beware - they always try to do things you think they should have no business doing - stairs, jumping in the car, running in the yard. He will make your heart jump into your throat more than once in the coming days!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

He looks great! Hope the rest of the healing process goes as smoothly :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Unfortunately, we have been through an amp before. We aren't allowing him off leash yet in the backyard, plus we still have about 8 inches of snow.

He hasn't tried to jump. Hopefully, he won't for a while.

He looks awesome!

Just beware - they always try to do things you think they should have no business doing - stairs, jumping in the car, running in the yard. He will make your heart jump into your throat more than once in the coming days!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

He looks great. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sounds like he is going to keep you on your toes!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Dancer

Glad to hear he is home....I'm sure both of you are thrilled and looking forward to getting back to 'normal'.

Those eyes are mesmerizing...I'm smitten! :beatheart

He looks fantastic! I'm so glad he's doing so well!

My friend's greyhound had an amputation on Monday, he came home today and is bouncing back well, too. The doctors who care for our hounds really have it down!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014