Comparison Of Pet Insurance Companies 2015

Really great article with background on pet insurance, why you might want it and ratings of the current companies offering it:

http://www.caninejournal.com/pet-insurance-comparison/#comment-1359819664

Want to skip ahead to the results. Here were the top 3:

1. PetPlan

2. Healthy Paws

3. Embrace

Mods, any chance of pinning this since there are so many threads about pet insurance? :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I just signed up for Healthy Paws. A day late and $16,0000 short, but hey, it'll be there for any other emergencies or issues. :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I just signed up for Healthy Paws. A day late and $16,0000 short, but hey, it'll be there for any other emergencies or issues. :)

I love HP. Hopefully you will never actually need to use your policy. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I have PetPlan. Thankfully I haven't had to use them yet, but a friend has really had good dealings with them. Her Grey was diagnosed with OS and had an amp back in 2012. They have paid faithfully.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I have Trupanion for my two Greyhounds. I am very happy with them. Just the back surgeries alone cost over $21,000..then with the therapy (3 times a week to Charleston), all of the corns on both dogs, bone cancer and other problems..I could not have given them the vet care without them. I am also trying out Healthy Paws with my Galgo. I hope and pray I never have to use them.

Didn't realize Heyokha is your baby-omg-doing well now I hope?

Yep, much better, thanks :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• 1 month later...

I have HP for all 4 pets, and so far knock on wood I haven't had to use it. After losing Pop to osteo, I looked in to HP for the 2 pets I had at the time and have added it to each additional pet. Even with HP, I don't think I would have treated Pop's osteo/done amputation as it was in his shoulder/upper leg so I'm fairly certain it had spread. However, I'd rather not have to worry about the $$ if anything happens to my current pets.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel