Give Him Time? Or?

Guest concerned

I won't add any more suggestions, but glad things seemed to go better today. Crossing fingers you can make this work.

I know it is expensive, but if you are really stressed you may want to look into some doggy daycare until he is more settled :)

Guest jetska

Zoomies: mine will do zoomies after a leash walk. Even my 7 year old does it sometimes, she will thrash around on her bed, bark upside down and then do fast laps of the living room! It only lasts a minute, if that and I find it very cute. Mine have never hurt each other doing inside the house zoomies even though sometimes it seems like they would.

A week is not very long... He needs more time. A lot more.

He has never been alone in his entire life. His world has been turned upside down.

And more exercise.

He is barely out of the puppy stage.

Agree with removing the cover from the crate. He is not a budgie!

Be very consistent with your alone training.

:goodluck

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest CleverJason

The first time mine did zoomies, I was terrified. He was spinning in circles, lunching at me, snarling and darting all around the house. I just stood still hoping he would go away or calm down. Now, I chase after him and pelt him with stuffies. One time, I even landed a blanket on his back and turned him into Superdog! That wacky,crazed activity has become one of my favorite things about that goof hound o' mine.

Guest Scouts_mom

I would second considering day-care. When my Bree was young (2 and 3 yrs old) she was a bundle of energy that was very difficult to channel into anything acceptable. I ended up sending her to daycare one day a week. That was all it took. She loved it and came home totally exhausted--and it took a few days for her to recharge. With that one day out and hard playing on the weekends, she calmed down and became a civilized dog.