Today Would Have Been Jeffrey's Gotcha Day

Guest azlorenz

Guest azlorenz

One year ago today I went to pickup my boy Jeffrey after work and bring him to his forever home. While we were on the freeway, Jeffrey fell asleep on the backseat with his legs towards the seat. Of course, the first red light we encountered he slid right off the seat and ended up on the floor board with his long ole legs stickin' straight in the air. He just looked at me like, "what do I do now?" I had to pull over and help him back onto the seat. When we arrived home, Rick and the girls were out by the pool and the first thing Jeffrey did was get in the pool. Luckily we have a wading pool entry into our pool and he loved it. However, when I got in and swam out to the middle, here came Jeffrey. He took a big leap off of the wading pool edge and immediately sank to the bottom right in front of me. I'll never forget the expression on his face as I pulled him up by the collar and pointed him back towards the wading pool.

The good memories are beginning to balance out the tears but the tears still come daily and I'm sure there will be a lot of tears today. He will forever be in our hearts.....................

Happy Gotcha Day Jeffrey. We are so happy you were in our life. Don't ever forget we love you....

Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Your sweet boy knows you love him, and will always stay connected with you in your heart. Happy Gotcha Day Jeffrey! :beatheart:beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Your remembrance above brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry he couldn't have stayed with you longer .... Hugs to you and your family on this bittersweet day.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Happy Gotcha Day On The Wings Of Angels Sweet Jeffrey. Please smile down on your family today... :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I'm sure Jeffrey is also remembering all the great times he had in just a year. And all the love, too. His passing just a year after his Gotcha day is such a testimony to how quickly our puppers work their way into our hearts and leave such lasting memories.

Guest BleusysMom

I hope you can feel the force of Jeffrey's presence on this Gotcha Day.....He is grinning down on His Family!!!!!!

and I am crying, as I type......

Thinking of you today.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest GreytEssentials

I read these posts, and I immediately go hug my kiddos. Try to remember the good times and laugh, keep him dear in your heart. He is waiting for you to be with him again in the future...in the meantime, he is well taken care of and happy.

Guest GreytEssentials

And to add...today is STILL his gotcha day, and it will always be. He found you and you remember everything that happened. Today, a year ago, Jeffrey found his forever home. Although "forever" wasn't as long as you wished it to be, he still knew your love, and still does.