Came Out Of Nowhere.

Guest lanielovesgreys

Guest lanielovesgreys

I was just piddling around this morning and I spotted a bump on my girl's shoulder. I actually noticed from across the house, it's that big. It's almost fist sized and it's right at the joint. I'm working on a picture now. I'm so scared it's osteo. At this point, I don't even know what else it could be. Maybe it was there yesterday, but if it was it was much smaller. Do the masses grow that quickly? Is there a chance it's just joint inflammation? :(

Guest lanielovesgreys

It's hard. It really just looks like her shoulder joint is out of place and 3x the normal size. Poor baby. I hope our vet can get her in tomorrow. Is it just me, or is it ALWAYS a weekend day when something like this comes up?

It could be just a large contusion. They can come up quickly after hard playing and bumping. My boy had one on his side that stuck out about 3 inches. Rushed him to the vet because I thought he had lymphoma or hemangio or something equally deadly. Vet did a needle aspiration and it turned out to be a bad bruise! :rolleyes: It's taken it four months or so to finaly disappear completely.

You might try some warm compresses to see if that will help any before tomorrow. And arnica if you have it. It won't hurt and it might help.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest lanielovesgreys

It's hard to say about her being in pain. She's our corn dog, so she's consistently limping on her back leg and so it's hard to say if she's limping on a front leg, too.

Just now she did her spin spin spin before she lays down. She plopped down, laying ON the shoulder in question. Granted, it's 4 beds stacked, but you'd think it would be painful for her and she'd just naturally lay on her other side.

Guest MnMDogs

Mork had a tumor appear literally overnight in his elbow and he was obviously in extreme pain, which was apparent even with his many corns and arthritis issues. He also could absolutely not lay on it.

Do you have any pain meds on hand until you can get her to the vet? Thinking good thoughts for you.

Guest lanielovesgreys

Mork had a tumor appear literally overnight in his elbow and he was obviously in extreme pain, which was apparent even with his many corns and arthritis issues. He also could absolutely not lay on it.

Do you have any pain meds on hand until you can get her to the vet? Thinking good thoughts for you.

This gives me hope. She's our little drama queen, so I know if she was hurting that much, I would know. For now we're giving her a little tramadol and a triple stacked bed.

I had something like that pop up on one of my dogs. It was firm, but not boney hard, and not obviously fluidy either. Didn't seem to cause any pain, in fact she acted like she didn't even know it was there. Vet confirmed, bad bruise/contusion. I have no idea how she got it, but it eventually went away.

:candle hope that is all it is!

Guest MnMDogs

I tried to PM you but it won't go through. I can share some pics of the lump that magically appeared on Macy 18 mos ago (within the span of hours, maybe minutes, with no known cause). I don't know how I forgot about this!

If you send me an email, I can send the pics with the huge story about it. I just don't want to take over your thread :)

EDIT- if you send me your email, is what I meant to write.

Edited by MnMDogs

:goodluck Sending good thoughts. Keep us posted.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown