Excited To Find R-M-B's That My Boys Will Actually Chew!

a_daerr

I picked up some frozen RMB's from a local pet store today. I've gotten different bones from the butcher store and asian market before, but they always seem way too large, and they always make a huge, bloody mess. :puke

These bones from Primal were a huge hit! Even Truman (who has been known to favor Dentastix over raw turkey necks) chewed on his for well over an hour. These ones are buffalo marrow bones and chicken backs. I put towels down, but the smell wasn't bad, and there wasn't much of a mess. I was also happy to see a picture of a greyhound on the logo of their website! A little bit pricey, but I thought these were well worth the money.

BISMB2.jpgCKB.jpg

Guest Lillypad

Had a look at the product. Looks great. Glad to learn they are promoting soft bones. Femur and any weight bearing bones of large ungulates should really be avoided. I have to wonder though, you say they are pricey, can't you simply purchase the same product at the grocery or butcher.

You can get marrow bones at the supermarket--no doubt for a fraction of the cost!

Buck gets one every Saturday and Sunday. I put them down on a towel for him to contain the mess.

You can also, obviously, buy chicken at any grocery store. Maybe they think the fancy packaging is worth the extra cost?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

That's just the thing! They won't chew the ones from the grocery store! I can get soup bones there, but they're so huge and messy. I'd need a hacksaw to cut them into smaller pieces. Maybe it's because these are buffalo meat, they find them more appealing? Who knows. My dogs are weird.

I'm glad someone else is in the same boat. I can't get poultry backs or necks at my local grocery store, though. I have to drive into the city to a specialty grocery, and even then, it's hit or miss to what they'll actually chew. Truman completely ignores turkey necks and chicken feet. Henry chewed a marrow bone from the butcher shop once, but it made him so sick, he ended up needing sub-q fluids!

I'm not too worried about a higher price if they like them and it doesn't make them sick. That bag of six bison bones was about $12.