Hello From North Texas

Guest BrendaP

Guest BrendaP

Hi! I'm looking forward to adopting my first greyhound. My family and I have owned a chocolate lab before, and my husband has had several dogs growing up.

We have a nice house with a pretty good sized fenced back yard. I just adore the greyhounds -- the looks and temperament, the size, the playfulness. I've talked to a few agencies at meet and greets, and will settle down on our new companion soon.

I do have questions, and I thought I'd go to the experts here :) as well as talking to the adoption people.

Of course, I'll take pictures and post those when we have our new honey.

Thanks for listening.

Brenda in McKinney, TX

Hi Brenda. I used to live in Plano and now am in Amarillo.

Welcome!

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest BrendaP

Hi Brenda. I used to live in Plano and now am in Amarillo.

Welcome!

How funny! I grew up in Lubbock, and now live north of Plano!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Guest Doggone

Hi and welcome!

This is my third time in Texas: 1. Abilene, 2. Plano, and 3. Austin.

I remember McKinney when it was much smaller (before El Dorado, etc.). Lovely town square, and some cute shops and eateries. Of course, Plano was much smaller then, too :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrendaP

Hi and welcome!

This is my third time in Texas: 1. Abilene, 2. Plano, and 3. Austin.

I remember McKinney when it was much smaller (before El Dorado, etc.). Lovely town square, and some cute shops and eateries. Of course, Plano was much smaller then, too :D

I've lived in Austin (and outside of Austin) and absolutely adored it!! Gotta love a town that celebrates Eeyore's Birthday!!

Brenda - Did you go to Trinity in San Antonio?

Hi! No, I didn't. Is that a high school?

welcome from the left coast. ah... North Texas, or as others call it Baja Oklahoma :hehe

Okay my dear old dad was an Okie and grand dad was a TEXAN so I am kinda a resident of both :beatheart

pictures soon okay?

yes! Pics soonest! Adoption home visit is Friday. Squeee! My husband's family are Okies, so I understand mixed families ☺

Newbie alert. I'm on my iPad, but still... All my replies are in one Post? :(

Guest BrendaP

It's a private college in San Antonio. A Brenda that graduated from Monterey in 75 went there. Wondered if it was you.

Oh nope. I think there were three Brendas in my graduating class. Now I'm all curious too lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrendaP

Well the home visit went so smoothly that he left my dog with me! totally unexpected! We ran out to grab a crate and padding that evening while my son watched him.

I got a ton of things with him, including two belly bands, plenty of food, some crackers, all his information, muzzle, martingale collar and matching leash. I found out his shot schedule, heartworm tablet time, all the vet records, and that he was already microchipped! woot!

Without further ado, may I present Raino, aka PMB Raino. We're sticking with Raino for the name, unless something else becomes patently obvious. hehe! I'm so envious of Doodad's name. :)

Hope I can get the pictures here. From Adoption website:

PMB%20Raino-gu.jpg

From Foster Mom: Ären't I handsome?"

Raino%202014.jpg

From my home: ""STILLL not sure about this!

image.jpg1.jpg

Guest Laurmann2000

Wow, congratulations. That's so exciting. Best of luck with that handsome boy. Keep us posted on how his transition goes.