Why Must The Eat Rabbit/squire Poop

So we have one Grey a extra large male, but we have started hound sitting for other members of our adoption group, we because we like it.

Dino and our current house guest, every time they go out, together or separately. they go and find squire/rabbit poop in the back yard.

Never there poop but tiny turd bared in the grass. Is there something I can do? are they missing something?

Help

Thanks

Ryan

Dino and Stella

Because to the dogs it looks and tastes like caviar? All of my boys are serious rabbit/deer poop konnasirs :puke

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest chickenpotpie

Lucky does indeed like to chow on herbivore poop :puke I have to watch her to be sure she doesn't indulge in the spring/summer... dogs might like it because these animals are eating eating grasses/seeds/berries or whatever that makes their poop taste good.

Guest Winnie2014

Winnie makes a beeline for horse poop. Maybe it's the roughage? Lol.

The place where we walk is close to where the mounted police keep their horses so Winnie is happy if she gets a taste of the poop. Better than carnivore poop at any rate.

:lol I used to have a bunny hang out in my yard a lot (pre-greyhound days) and my lab mix Raven just ate those pellets like they were candy. :chow It's not like it's easy to find in the grass and clean up so it's difficult to prevent it. One of those gross things that dogs do that we have to not overthink I guess :sick

Edited by k9soul

You'll want to join those of us who need to routinely worm their dogs. :yuck

My dear Eve was a dedicated diner on feces from other species.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

It is not a training issue, it is a "because they can" issue. Invest in a muzzle with a poop guard, probably $20.00 or so from GEM.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Right now Dino is boycotting the back yard he has a sore leg and doesn't like the stairs to the back yard. The stairs in the front of the house ok.

Both of the pups Dino and Misty (the house guest) well the muzzel is enough of a deterrent so no poo guard needed.

Thanks for all of the great advice, I was just hoping there was something they were missing from there diet, bust I guess its muzzel for bathrooms trips.

Dino and Stella

My whippet will eat cat poop, horse poop, other dogs' poop, rabbit poop, deer poop, in fact anything he can grab quick before I've realised what he is doing. So far the only stuff he leaves alone is his own and whatever dog he is living with, unlike a previous whippet who would eat his "brother's" poop only if I had fed him a meal of a certain grain based dried food.

Brushing teeth & fresh breath biscuits help with personal issues!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Guest normaandburrell

Our hounds love to eat the neighbor's cats' poop. At the kennel certain dogs have to have poop guards in their muzzle, because they will eat their kennel mate's poop.

Our puppy ate some kind of animal poop one afternoon and I didn't know it. Later that day he threw it up. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever had to deal with since I have had dogs.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest DebMo2035

Our female greyhound loves the rabbit poo! Her fecal test showed a parasite that shows up in rabbits & deer.

The Vet said there's no harm as long as our greyhound is not showing signs of illness.