Rip Pepper-One Of My County's K9 Officers

heartdogs

Pepper was a beautiful 2 year old Dutch Shepard that was tracking an escaped convict in the county north/west of mine when he was shot by the man he was tracking. The police returned fire & killed the idiot. All police, DPS, & county officers are wearing the black tape on their badges in honor of Pepper. It costs over $20,000 to train a good K9 officer on top of what it cost to buy him. His memorial service is this afternoon at a very large church where many officers attend. We lost the K9 officer our county seat had bought to cancer so now no county near us has a K9 officer as we need. RIP Pepper you will be greatly missed.

I am sorry. These pups do amazing work and losing one especially this way is heartbreaking for the handler.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

God bless K9 Pepper. The entire working dog world was aware of and is mourning his loss. These dogs are so smart and so brave. They willingly give their ALL in service to us doing things we can't do and that only they can do. People don't realize thease dogs put their life on the line everytime they do even the simplest thing-all to try and protect us and their partners from the evils out there. They keep the really bad guys beat back and as a result sometimes take the evil onto themselves in protecting us. And they do it willingly and with the love that is DOG. We owe them a HUGE debt of gratitude. They are America's BEST & K9 Pepper's devotion to duty, his honor, and his courage will NEVER be forgotten. :beatheart

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red

Godspeed Pepper. Thank you for your good work, sweet boy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.