Tuf Mort Aka My Morty 05/23/2004 - 02/02 /2015

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

My Sweet , Beautiful " Bubby " , My Morty left me today with a completely shattered Heart . He safely crossed over the Rainbow Bridge . Morty became my " Bubby " 10 Years ago . He would never leaf my Side and the Bond between him and Me was absolutely solid . We went to the Park every Day twice , he knew every Dog that came to the Park . His Eyes were always glued to the Entrance to see , who is coming to see him . In the last 8 Month his Eye gave him a Fit. No matter what we tried , Laser Surgery , endless Medicine it just would not give him relief and less Pain .

Today after we had scheduled Eye Removal , I felt more reliefed then ever , taken some of this Pain away. This Morning I looked at him and saw , his Front Paws severely swollen . So I made another Appt. with my Reg. Vet . He saw more then just the Eye Removal to be his Pain . Morty was always a poor Eater and no matter what I cooked , or fixed for him , he just would not eat . The best Indication came today , that he even refused 2 Cheeseburgers. After Xrays , the Suspect of his not Eating was discovered. A massive Mass ( Tumor ) in his Tummy was the Culprit. My Love for him and seeing him in so much Pain for Month and Month , I had to give him his well deserved Wings . I loved my Bubby so very much , he left a huge , huge Hole in my Heart .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to hear you lost your Morty. I had been following his story with the eye issues and the eating issues. My heart is broken next to yours!!! Please take care of yourself and remember to breathe when you feel like you can't. Hugs to you.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Oh nooo! Erika, I am so very sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your good brave boy. You both fought so hard, I can't believe this. Morty knew how very much you loved him and I'm so sorry for the Morty-sized hole in your heart right now. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Erika, I gasped when I saw Morty's name. I was so hoping for a different outcome. I'm so very, very sorry :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Nooooooooooo! :cry1

It was an honor to have met your Morty. :brokenheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am shocked and so saddened to read this. You did everything you could for your boy, and I know how much your heart must be hurting. Rest well and pain-free, Morty.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest PiagetsMom

Erika, it has always been clear through your posts just how much you loved Morty, and I know without a doubt that your Bubby loved you in return. You did everything you could to help Morty with his glaucoma and his eating issues, and your decision to give him his wings and release him from his suffering was done with the ultimate gift of love. My heart goes out to you in your loss of your special boy and you will be in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

I am so deeply sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Erika, you and Morty fought as hard as you could for as long as it made sense and were very brave. I'm so very sorry he had to go, but you gave him the ultimate gift of love in releasing him. :grouphug

:f_red You were loved, Morty!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

Run pain-free, Morty. f_yellow

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh no, Erika. What an awful, heartbreaking shock for you. I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I cannot express how very sorry I am that Morty had to leave. My heart is broken for you Erika and I hope you can find peace and comfort knowing that Morty knew he was loved. Hugs

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow