Five Years Later And We've Chipped.

Guest Wasserbuffel

Guest Wasserbuffel

It's been five years since we adopted Jayne. We've been fostering for just over a year and have met many lovely hounds in that time.

In early January I was told that we had a little blue female coming into our program soon. I know what you're thinking, we wanted the blue instantly, but you'd be wrong. True, I instantly wanted to foster the blue. First, because I know how popular blues are and figured she would be adopted as soon as we could get her spayed (to be fair most of my dogs have been going that fast lately). Second, because I knew i would probably only ever have one chance to get my hands on "the blue" foster. Because I do a lot of work volunteering for my group, (seriously a ton, which is why I haven't posted much the last year or so) the leaders granted my "gimme gimme gimme" request.

The second I got her home she literally bowled my husband over. He'd squatted down to greet her, and she hugged him to the floor, then proceeded to happy dance all over him. My DH loves a cuddly dog. He really adored our little black foster, Claudia, who had an adoption pending before we even got her, so couldn't have been a fail. Very quickly I could see the level of attachment he had to her. He expressed his interest when I mentioned I might not take her to a meet and greet I was hosting the Saturday after we got her, since she already had people interested and it wouldn't be fair to the other dogs to have her go.

I was right that she would be a short-term foster. Two weeks after I picked her up we made the decision that we would be adopting her. She's a sweet little nerd of a hound, and we just adore her.

So, here's Kaylee (JK Iowa) Named for another Firefly character like Jayne is.

""I don't believe there is a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful." -- Malcolm Reynolds

goofyIowa_zpsdlsfyajx.jpg __ Image Credit Kathleen Coy

kayleejayne_zpsrellybcv.jpg

iowa_zpsa2xjqvuo.jpg

whatchoolookinat_zpsnlcpp15k.jpg

She's cat safe.

catsafe_zpsboip4wvx.jpg

Did I mention she's a hugger? (different people in all the pictures)

hugalex_zps42njjk2m.jpg

hugkat_zpseuxe03pm.jpg

iowahug_zpsomoh6vxn.jpg

Edited by Wasserbuffel

Oh, dear. She is STUNNING. :beatheart

Please post a crapload of pictures. thx!

:lol

Couldn't have said it better myself. :lol

Congrats!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:confetti Congratulations on your happy, huggy girl! She's a beauty. What does Jayne think of her?

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Wasserbuffel

Jayne thinks she's acceptable.

Poor Jayne tried to entice Kaylee to play with her a few days ago, but Kaylee was more interested in climbing onto my lap; so Kaylee's wagging tail kept hitting poor Jayne across the face.

she looks like a real sweetheart...I can see why you failed

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Congrats all around! Welcome home Kaylee!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest goofydog

What a happy, beautiful, bubbly girl, and a hugger to boot! Kaylee looks like she will provide hours of entertainment. Congratulations to your family and Kaylee.