No Coat Or Blanket For This Boy

Guest ms3569

Well you just explained why they get so excited to see their coats - coats = go for ride! :)

They also love their jammies and sweaters that they wear in the house. I feel it mostly has to do with the jammies reminding them of their racing shirts. My kiddos that were good racers are always the ones who love their jammies the most :) Clarice just likes the attention she gets when she gets her jammies, and she's so easygoing about being handled, you can do anything to her :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DebMo2035

My 2 greys have no problems with me putting coats on them... but the static electricity can be AWFUL!

I spray the coats with Static Guard and have also put fabric softener sheets between them & the coat.... both definitely help!

Guest MrsFrugalwoods

We live in snowy, snowy Boston and my grey isn't a fan of her coats either. Our solution for outdoors is to just leave her coatless for quick potty trips and for longer walks, we make her wear a coat, but we'll sometimes take it off mid-walk if she's trying to shake it off too much. Usually though, once we get going on a longer walk, she'll forget about the coat eventually. But, coats are a lost cause for potty trips!

For the indoors, we have a pet heating pad in her bed, which works so very well. It keeps her toasty warm without a dreaded coat or... jammies!

Here she is in tons of snow with no coat! Silly girl

SnowWalk_Hound.jpg

Guest CleverJason

Mine will wear the coat, but he walks like he's wasted...arches his back, swerves back and forth on the leash, randomly wags his tail and looks back at me with wild eyes. I can't make any sense of it. He's not in pain and he doesn't show any negativity toward the coat. It just makes him a little insta-drunk.

Guest bmerenick1

To be honest- my female runs from getting it put on, but also runs from getting it taken off :hehe Its the only thing that keeps her warm. She has a circulation issue. I also made a new design with snaps that makes it easier to take on and off with the paws. My male could care less- although I notice he tosses and turns much less at night because of the warmth.

I am not just saying this because I make and sell PJ's, I only decided to make and sell them because my kids needed them and it worked out so well.

If you are interested in trying- www.greytfulacresfashion.com

It takes practice and to be honest, owner technique is the most important thing. I am posting a video within the next few days on how to make it less dramatic for you and your fur baby :ghplaybow

post-27641-0-47713000-1425946630.jpg

Guest missyjo

I don't use a coat on my greyhounds. They can and do grow winter coats. Their feet get cold first! If it is below zero I might use boots, or I might not. I never NOT walk my dog just because it is cold out unless the weather is extreme, such as -17 below F, which we have had and worse, a few times this winter. Even in extreme cold I send them out to do their business uncoated. They get the job done in record time!