Hello From Germany

Guest YLEKIOT

Guest YLEKIOT

H from Büdingen Germany.

I've been poking around for a while, but have decided to join in the fun. My family and I have two greys Charlie(5) and Cooper(5), both retired racers from Ireland.

We have had Charlie for a year and Cooper about six months. Charlie was fostered and Cooper came strait from the track. Life with my guys may not always be easy but definitely worth it.

Welcome to GT. We have an adoption group in Ontario that brings dogs over from Ireland. Hopefully more people will adopt them.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from CT! The smiles on your boys are fantastic!

Excellent screen name :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I can't see a picture, but welcome anyway! Charlie and Cooper are greyt names.

Scout's Mom, speaking from a totally unexpert point of view, I think Irish hounds sometimes have relatively stockier builds and a higher proportion of bicolor markings than American racers. Wonder how they compare to Australian greys?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest YLEKIOT

They are considered different here in but as far as I can tell why. Charlie is little stockier more muscled and taller 31" 35 kg. Cooper is more sleek 29" 26 kg. Cooper was better on the track. We adopted them through Ab auf Sofa a really greyt organization here in Germany.

Guest YLEKIOT

They are considered different here (Irish Greyhounds, Greyhounds), but as far as I can tell no real reason why. Wow kinda mangled that one a bit.

Welcome from CT! The smiles on your boys are fantastic!

Excellent screen name :lol

Thanks, thought it fit always chasing the roadrunner (rabbit) but never catching it.

:wave Welcome to you and your boys! Hope to see more of all of you!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I can't see a picture, but welcome anyway! Charlie and Cooper are greyt names.

Scout's Mom, speaking from a totally unexpert point of view, I think Irish hounds sometimes have relatively stockier builds and a higher proportion of bicolor markings than American racers. Wonder how they compare to Australian greys?

I believe you are correct as far as their builds. Dunno about the bicolor markings.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Herzlich Wilkommen.

Transplanted Dutch here.
Your pups are beautiful, glad to see other European countries are getting more active in adopting greyhounds from Ireland.
My first greyhound Kit was an Irish girl that had the bad luck of being sold to Spain