Sa - Stories Needed!

Hello all,

First of all, this is more of a "please give me good ending stories" than a "please give me tips" thread.

We have had Jack for almost a month and a half now. We have done a lot of work on alone training and have worked him up to an hour of him being quiet in his crate before going back to work. Then I returned to work progressively and he seemed fine with the occasional "I miss you guys" bark and whine.

However this week, it is all out of the window! He would shred his blankets and bark all afternoon (the morning is time for a nap, mind you!), So back to alone training we were!

We tried outside of the crate as he might have been tired of it. But he still would act up outside of it, jumping on the couch (he never does it) jumping in the windows and barking. He did settle twice on his bed and twice in his crate (about 10 seconds each). I forgot to mention, we went running to the doggie park beforehand so he should have been tired!

So more alone training!

He got a brand new DAP collar. He seemed to be sniffing a lot when we opened it, so hopefully it will have some effect on him. :)

I am curious for those of you that are working full-time, how do you fit alone training in your schedule? We are nervous seeing our houndie so nervous, oh how I wish he could talk!

Also, I am opened to all good SA stories, let them flow!

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

It's not a 100% sucess story, but we've moved to a home where Leo doesn't hear other dogs outside his home, he stays in the kitchen w/Henry (who is crated because he's destructive), and 90% of the time he doesn't pee.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

If you are working full time you need an alternative arrangement for him when you are gone until you cam work through this so he doesn't have to be left alone longer than he can handle. Or you may need to look into medication.

Thankfully Zuri's SA was mild enough that we could deal with it with the help of a DAP collar and Violet's was addressed by leaving her uncrated.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."