Probiotic ?

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

Does anyone feed Probiotic to their Hounds ?? If so what Brand and how much are we talking about ????Do I have to get it from my Vet ( more Expensive ) or is there something in Vitamin Section ( For Humans and Animals ) ???

I take probiotics daily and I give them to Princess too. This is what I'm currently using. It combines probiotics and enzymes. http://www.nzymes.com/store/pc/BacPak-Plus-for-Pets-400-Grams-7p9.htm

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I've purchased Forti Flora for dogs from Amazon. It usually costs around $23 for 30 packets, with one packet a day being used. It gets good reviews. I've never noticed any great effect on Annie but it certainly never harmed her either.

Edited by Feisty49

Guest FordRacingRon

Leia gets probiotics too. Honestly i can't tell you the name of the one the vet sold but it was expensive. Made by Iams I think. Like 25 bucks for a week and a half supply. I bought OTC probiotics at pet smart and seem to get the same result. The ones sold by Petsmart are made by GNC.

Her diarrhea is pretty much cleared up using these.

Have used Forti Flora (supplied by the recuse) on some mixed breeds that I've fostered. Could never see much difference.

Personally I couldn't live without probiotics for myself. Trial, error and the staff at Natural Market have convinced me that, at least in my case the ones that have to be kept refrigerated work much better than the shelf stable ones.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I agree with Pam re: the refrigerated ones working better ... at least the ones I take myself.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest normaandburrell

Fortiflora was recommended to me but I couldn't see spending that much. I used plain yogurt with good results and was eventually able to stop doing even that.