Meet Morrie!

Guest goofydog

Guest goofydog

Hi all! I posted in the GAF thread about my new boy, Morrie, fka No Moamy. I had emailed Marilyn a few weeks ago saying it was about time to find my new boy and what I was hoping for. She immediately responded that she already had him at Grey Haven! After her description I just knew he would be mine if he wanted to.

So I crossed my fingers and toes and went to Grey Haven this last Friday. Marilyn had told me he needed a 'person' that he could bond to. Well, after visiting with Marilyn & Russ for a bit we headed out to the kennel to met Mo. He flew out of his crate to meet the people! Such a happy, bouncy boy. He is a stuffie addict LOL. He prances around shaking them then throwing them only to pounce and start again.

I had a seat and called him and he dropped the toy to come over and say hi. Wow, he dropped a toy to visit with me! Mo and I chatted for a bit then he buried his head in my chest. I was smitten. He chose me!!! The rest is history. We came home on Saturday. He hopped right in the van and was sleeping by the time we got to the end of the driveway. He is such a wonderful travel buddy. He napped pretty much the entire 5+ hour trip. He did get out 2 of the 3 times I stopped s0 he could take care of business.

Once in the house he checked out the rooms on the first floor and found the toy box. In no time the box was empty LOL. Everywhere I look there are stuffies. One of his endearing qualities is no matter where I am he will be nearby and staring at me with the most beautiful amber eyes. He loves to wash my face and follow me around. Morrie's leash manners need a bit of work since he does like to pull and wander back & forth. He is also extremely food motivated and will pounce on anything that hits the floor!

I'm so glad Marilyn worked her magic and matched Morrie & I up. Thank you my friend.

When I remember how to post pics I'll get some up of my handsome tuxedo boy with the white toes.

Congrats! He sounds adorable! Can't wait to see some pictures. Welcome home, Morrie! Wishing you many many many happy years together!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Congratulations! I saw where you had mentioned in a previous post that you had adopted a dog, and was hoping for an announcement. Can't wait to see pictures!

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

What a love story, congratulations!!! Does Morrie have a fluffy tail? He's sooo handsome!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest goofydog

What a love story, congratulations!!! Does Morrie have a fluffy tail? He's sooo handsome!!

Yes he does! Just on the underside though. You can't see them in the pics, however he also has white racing stripes on the back of his forelegs.

Good Lord, Morrie is a definite heart heart healer for me. So funny and pretty much the opposite of Get Em, my house plant and heart dog. Can you have room for two heart dogs? Yes, I think it may be possible

Girl, you are busting out a huge smile in every one of those pictures. :D

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hubba Hubba!!!!!! He is one tall drink of water Toni! What a looker! And he sounds sweet as can be. So glad you two found each other. YEAH! to Marilyn for the great matchmaking. Many wishes for lots of fun adventures together!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Can you have room for two heart dogs? Yes, I think it may be possible

Most definitely. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

He is drop dead gorgeous. Look at those elegant lines. I love the pic of him co-piloting in the car -- he looks so happily confident to explore his next adventure in life.

Two heart dogs -- we love more than one dog for all the ways they are similar and all the ways they are different.

<<He is also extremely food motivated and will pounce on anything that hits the floor!>>

You say this like it might be a bad thing. You may never have to vacuum again!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:confetti Congratulations on your gorgeous new boy! And yes, you can definitely have more than one heart dog. Every dog we love and are loved by expands the room in our hearts - room to love and be loved by another.

So happy for you. Brush up on your photo posting skills so we can enjoy more photos of him. :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown