Do Not Know What To Do

Guest apm519

If the spleen has not ruptured yet, the survival rate of splenic cancer is very high. But once it ruptures you have only weeks. I've lost three to this horrible disease. But in all three cases it was already too late.

But if you caught it in time, she will feel terrific. Good luck.

This. I went through this with Aquitaine when she was 9 and she miraculously let me know there was something wrong. The e-vet discovered the growth at 5 am, I elected to have her stay there the night before surgery. She had close to 4 more great years. She did develop kidney disease but that is not what took her from me. If your girl has a good quality of life, and the vet feels the prognosis is good, and if you can afford it (depending on costs where you live), it can definitely be worth doing the surgery.

Very best wishes!

Often it's from owners using contaminated containers. Slightly of topic but, thought I would share. Had a client submit a urine sample in a used jelly jar---hummm, not knowing what container was used one would have feared diabetes :-)

I could see elevated sugar from a contaminated container as you mentioned but, hard seeing what type of container would cause protein to spike .. well having said that, maybe a peanut butter container :-)

Maybe repeating the urine and making sure a sterile unused container is used would be a good idea ...

I could see elevated sugar from a contaminated container as you mentioned but, hard seeing what type of container would cause protein to spike .. well having said that, maybe a peanut butter container :-)

Maybe repeating the urine and making sure a sterile unused container is used would be a good idea ...

You would be surprised what containers clients use--baby food jars, soup jars.....

One other thought that the op's Vet may be considering is PLN as the albumin is a tad low (ghs already run in the low side). A UPC should be run but, needs to be run on an inactive sample.

Thanks for all the responses. The vet took her urine directly from her bladder. Her bland diet started after the test. Jazz eats pro plan dry food with some chicken gravy diluted with water.

What is a UPC?

Still waiting for vet to call, results where in late yesterday. Should hear from him today.

I don't know if the urine was cultured?? I know that every time I do a urinalysis and a protein/creatinine ratio its around $200 and it takes a while to get the results.

I don't know if this is helpful.

Jazz has liquid diarrhea again, don't know if something else is going on.

Thank you for all of your help.

I have decided to do another ultrasound, have appointment in 2 weeks. Will decide after ultrasound.

Thank you for all the responses, it was greatly appreciated.