Another Reason To Love Healthy Paws

So I have records and claims to submit for Violet's recent post dental incident, but with the holidays and various other factors I haven't had the time or ability to get claim forms faxed to the various vets and back, collect records, etc. and submit it all to Healthy Paws. I had in my head that the deadline was 2 weeks (which I've exceeded) so I emailed them to request that they still reimburse me when I can finally get everything submitted next week and mentioned (since I was writing anyway) that the one thing I liked about VPI was that they did away with the vet signature requirement and any sort of deadline. Hours later I got this response:

Thank you for your recent email. We hope you are having a wonderful day. To answer your question you are able to submit a claim 90 days after the incident, it's totally fine if it's even over the 90 days. We have also done away with the veterinarian signature on our claim forms. I have attached the new claim forms to this email. I also wanted to let you know we have also added an online claim submission to your online account. When you submit your claim through your online account, you don't even need a claim form. Your welcome to view all these new additions in your online account at www.gohealthypaws.com.

One, I love them. Two, I wanted to share in case there are any other HP users out there who weren't aware of the changes to make submitting claims easier. Online submission, yes please! :colgate

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I'm incredibly happy with HP. Did you know they have an app?? I submit my claims with my iPad using their app--all you have to do is click a pic. I usually receive an e-mail within an hour or two stating my claim is in progress and I typically receive a reimbursement check a few days later. Check out the app!

I'm incredibly happy with HP. Did you know they have an app?? I submit my claims with my iPad using their app--all you have to do is click a pic. I usually receive an e-mail within an hour or two stating my claim is in progress and I typically receive a reimbursement check a few days later. Check out the app!

No I did not! That is even cooler.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Aha. I thought the app sounded vaguely familiar, looks like it's only available for the iPhone right now.

Edited by NeylasMom

I'm totally getting Clarice and Ozzie insured this weekend with them.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

HP is terrific. The reps are always nice. They never act as if they're being bothered. I didn't know there was an app. Maybe we can urge them to make one available for an Android.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance FaceBook page has a Galgo on it. Right now, it's the second picture down. https://www.facebook.com/gohealthypaws?ref=br_tf

Edited by Feisty49

Their website says the Android app is coming soon.

You can use the iPhone app on your iPad-just FYI :-)

I don't have one of those either. :P

(i know you didn't post just for me :P)

Well, I got Clarice signed up. Ozzie has to have had a vet visit within the past 30 days since he is 7 years old. I know I could've gone ahead and got him started (just have to take him to the vet within 15 days), but, we have annual exams next month anyway so I'll just get him started after we do that.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Guest goofydog

I'll be checking this out for my new boy, Morrie, this week . He will have a pre-existing condition, however the bills for Get Em were staggering so I feel the need to insure Morrie. Thanks for the glowing recommendation.

Hey! They have a referral program peeps! Please let me refer you before you join. PM me your email address and then all you have to do is sign up through that link. Kristin, think it's too late for me to refer you. :(

Edited by NeylasMom

Bah, I saw the referral thing once I had Clarice all signed up!