Experience With Dr Buzby's Toe Grips?

Guest KathieStar

Guest KathieStar

Back in 2012 there was a topic on this forum that mentioned people buying Dr. Busby Toe Grips. I would like to get opinions on the toe grips. How long have you been using them? How long do they stay on in normal usage for a 13 yr old greyhound with hind end weakness. My vet has no experience with this product.

What I found on the web were mostly "raves" by people who just started using toe grips not long time users. Your experience would be appreciated by me and my old girl Lea.

Kathie

Guest sireltonsmom

I will follow this forum for sure. I bought some booties with rubber feet in them for my Beau who's terrified of shiny floors. It's dangerous as he goes up on his nails and legs splay out. I had a 14 year old and I used a soft harness that supported him to keep his legs from splaying and him falling. I could get to him and be that support he needed to stay tall. The booties come off so that's not the best solution - or they are too big. I just wonder if toe grips are a lot of work to get on/off. Thanks for bringing this subject up.

:ghplaybow:gh_runner

Guest freightsmom

Kathie,

You may want to checkout Woodrow Wear socks. Unlike boots or shoes, dogs do not try to shake these off. Freight is almost 12 and experiencing hind end weakness so he wears them on his back feet. The day I put them on him, he got up and walked around like he did not know they were there. They make a design specifically for greyhound feet which is great too.

Guest BiancasMom

I have heard nothing but good things about the Toe Grips. Sometimes they fall off but they are easy to replace. You just have to check them daily to make sure they don't slide all the way back to the nail bed.

• 11 months later...

I have these for Summit. I did a little "review" on them on my blog: http://apexagilitygreyhounds.blogspot.ca/2015/02/get-grip.html

All in all I really like them. He doesn't mind them and doesn't pull them off. They do eventually come off on their own, but I would sometimes find them in the house so I could just put them back on again. And they do seem to make him feel more confident.

Edited by krissy

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Any updates from anyone on using Toegrips?

Including, does your dog try to remove them?

I used them for Henry, and he was much more steady on the hardwood floors. I still kept his nails trimmed quite short, but these definitely provided more support. The first ones I tried were a little too big, so we got the smaller size (green, I think?)