Filmed My Hound After I Left Today...some Q's

Guest Winnie2014

Guest Winnie2014

I'm relaxed, I just want to know why.

This (Saturday) morning, came back from our walk, I caught some shut eye on the couch and she just kept whining every few minutes as she laid a few feet away from me. It's unlike her and when I call her over after she stops, she pants and yawns. Yawning can be a sign that she's trying to lower stress. Why would she be stressed that I am home? Just the change in schedule? Idk. We obviously haven't had a lot of time together yet and we're still learning about each other too.

Oh well, I'm going to go ahead and take her to the park before it gets too hot.

Not everything has an answer. One of mine whines & it's simply her way of communicating. nothing is wrong in her world.

I know you say you're relaxed but I have a feeling you're worrying over nothing & she's picking up on it.

Just go with the flow & enjoy the "newness" of every day! Winnie is still settling in to a routine & so are you.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

You may just have a whiner on your hands and it's just now coming out as she continues to get more comfortable. Of the three greys I had, one was a complete whiner. Whined all the time. Nothing wrong, he just always had something to say! He never, ever barked so whining was the way he communicated. About everything. Sometimes he'd get himself going so much that he'd actually startle himself with it :lol

It's fun to watch their personalities emerge, whatever they may be. Enjoy it :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Or from the other side with a good ol' fashioned goosing. :blush

our 3 like to goose as well. (DH and I joke that we have a flock of geese! :hehe ) I don't think it is quite as intentional as it appears because a lot of the goosings occur when the human they are following stops suddenly and the grey doesn't. :lol

Guest Winnie2014

Thanks for all the advice!

I didn't worry too much this morning when she got up and whined at me before I left for work. I ignored her when she came up to me, she gave up and laid on the floor. So I got her Kong, put it on her bed, and walked out. This was our normal routine at the right time so I don't get the behavior...the change in weather perhaps?

Either way, went about my business as normal. I don't come home to anything broken, the pet sitter says she is great for them, so idk. I downplay my arrivals and departures (ignore her 5-10 minutes before I leave/after I come home) even if she wants attention.

She may just be vocalizing. I've only ever heard her make noise (barking, growling, etc) at/around other dogs so whining around the house may be her "thing". She doesn't do it in the evening or anything though.

• 2 weeks later...

some greyhounds love to have a good old conversation - usually boys though in my experience! there's one I know called Magnus who sounds like he's got whole sentences to express. It is quite cute :)