Hello From The Sunshine State!

Guest GreytGatsby

Guest GreytGatsby

Hey all!

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and felt ready to make my first post! :)

I've made the decision to adopt a beautiful, retired racing greyhound! I, unfortunately, am still what feels like forever away since I am in the home-buying process. I'm a rather impatient person, especially when I have made my mind up about something, so I'm excited to do the next best thing to bringing a sweet pup home with me. Tomorrow I am going to a greyhound rescue to volunteer for a few hours after work. I've had other breeds of dogs before, but this will be my first experience playing and loving on greyhounds. I am really, really excited!

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop a hello to everyone from Florida. And take a moment to thank all the members for the treasure trove of information here and the daily picture uploads that are keeping calm while I wait to adopt my own.

:bounce2:yay:clap

Hi! You are going to love they hounds- I promise! My husband and I also had to wait to adopt a hound until after we bought our house and got settled in. The waiting sucks, but it will be worth it when you get your very own greyhound. Here's another cute photo to hold you over- something to look forward to :)

IMG_20140902_075836_618_zps760af2ad.jpg

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Guest sireltonsmom

Welcome! I'm in Sarasota. Sounds like you have lots of good ahead. A new home and your greyhound adoption - awesome! Going to a rescue group to volunteer is really smart. You'll get so much information and fall completely in love with this breed.

Guest normaandburrell

That's great! Our first grey originally raced in West Palm, went to the Sanford Orlando Kennel Club, and eventually wound up for adoption in Pinellas County.

Guest GreytGatsby

Hi! You are going to love they hounds- I promise! My husband and I also had to wait to adopt a hound until after we bought our house and got settled in. The waiting sucks, but it will be worth it when you get your very own greyhound. Here's another cute photo to hold you over- something to look forward to :)

IMG_20140902_075836_618_zps760af2ad.jpg

So looking forward to this visage when I have one of my own!!! What a cutie :)

Guest GreytGatsby

Thank you! My first time out was wonderful! I have to complete 3 more trainings to be put on the schedule regularly. The greys and the volunteers were so lovely <3