Whining/barking When Bored

Guest CatsandGreys

Guest CatsandGreys

Ok, Aiden is in his new apartment without his doggy friends to play with. So he's kind of bored. I took him on a 45 minute walk first thing when we woke up and as soon as he got back he was ready to go back outside. Iknow he went potty plenty and shouldn't have to go again this soon. He's used to being able to run and wrestle with my dad's dog.

Here are my questions:

1. What can I do, or what toys can I get to keep him occupied or play with him with?

2. Should I ignore his whining when it's from boredom and I've tried everything?

I can't always take him out for another long walk, and I don't want to make him think if he whines enough I'll take him back outside whenever he wants. But I don't want him to be ridiculously bored. And he's very young (1 1/2) so he does have plenty of energy, though he's not as bad as I've heard most greyhoundpuppies are. And when my parents are done moving, the plan is for my mom to bring my sister's dog over to play and babysit Aiden for a few hours to help the transition. And I'll always have someone to take himon a walk to go potty during the day.

Guest normaandburrell

Iceman is 3 years old and he needs an hour and a half of outside time every morning, where we walk him and take him to a park where he can run and socialize. Even then, he walks home very slowly and spends some time following us around when we first get home as it to say "It's not all over, is it?"

Guest sireltonsmom

Play with him. Teach him to choose which hand you have a tiny treat in. Hide treats around the house while keeping him in a room then tell him 'find' or whatever word works for you. The big cure is getting a bit older LOL. that can't be hurried, :-( :-). The day my Beau turned 4 he put his puppy ways away. I miss them. Know you'll enjoy seeing his growth over time.