Hello From Virginia

Guest agreytday

Guest VaGreymom

Welcome from another VA greyhound owner. I live in Spotsylvania. A few of us greyhound owners get together occasionally and walk the battlefields and downtown Fredericksburg if you are ever interested.

• 4 weeks later...

As for local groups, Greyt Expectations is a good one. They foster, have an adopter forum and give plenty of support if it's needed :) I have two dogs from them. My first dog came from Greyhound Welfare, and I was a long time volunteer with that group. Time constraints made me step down, but they do a good job. They will work with you if you're within an hour or so of the DC area (which you are) and if they can get a volunteer out to do your home visit. GEGR has volunteers right in your area though, so they're a good option for you. Both groups get their dogs from the same kennel in Florida and both groups foster, so you can't go wrong with either :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire