My Boy Taylor

He's a beautiful boy and I'm so glad he's comfortable. He most likely will be owie after the aspirate but, it sounds like you have a wonderful, gh knowledgable vet and I'm sure he'll be taken very good care of. Please keep us posted.

Edited by tbhounds

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing procedures went well. Blood work is fine. Chest x-rays don't show anything unusual, and will be sent to a radiologist for review. The doctor was able to get cells that he needed with the fine needle biopsy and I should have the results on Monday or Tuesday. Taylor did just fine. He napped for the 20 minute ride home and then happily gobbled down dinner, went out to poop in the back yard and then ran across the yard to come back in. After 10 minutes of bully stick chewing time, he is having his usual after dinner nap. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Glad things went so smoothly today. Hope you can borrow a page from Taylor's book and try to relax some this weekend. I know that's easier said than done. It's great to hear (and see) that he's keepin' on keepin' on. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Good boy Taylor!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest RICHandJUDE

My Santa, age 8, had Osteo and had a broken leg. Matter of fact, the leg broke as the vet was x-raying his shoulder and leg. His lung x-rays came back clean. We had his leg amputated and he had 6 doses of Chemo. He had very few problems and never was in pain. He lived another 29 happy months and got around the house and back yard, fine on 3 legs. He passed away from another thing and did not have any more cancer. Our local vet did the amputation, then sent us to an oncologist. We saw the oncologist every 3 months for a check-up. The oncologist sent the chemo to our regular vet who then administered it. Amputation and chemo isn't for anybody but we lucked out. Good Luck and try to be positive.

Just got an email from Taylor's oncologist:

I received the radiology report on Taylor's chest radiographs and there was no evidence of nodules (metastasis). His heart and lungs looked otherwise normal (normal aging changes). Please let me know if you have any questions. I am expecting the cytology back by tomorrow or Wednesday and will call you when I have it.

YAYYYYYY....so far.

Just waiting for bone biopsy results.

The results of the cytology confirmed a sarcoma, most likely osteosarcoma as there was faint ALP staining of the cells.

One of those situations where you expect the worse and hope for the best. There's a chance Taylor might get lucky like Henry did. His was a fibrosarcoma. We're 13 months post-amp with no sign of cancer in sight. The FNA doesn't specify that, though. The only way to know for sure is to do the amp and have a pathologist review sections of the tumor. We would've never known that if we didn't pursue the amp/chemo route.