Kfc Cooked Chicken Bones

Guest jfhandy

Guest jfhandy

My dog took a box off the counter and I can't find the bones so I assume he ate them. Trying not to freak out. What should I do? He ate the bones from. Thigh and a breast. He also ate some red cheese wax. His first poop looked fine and had a touch of bright red in it but I think it was the wax.

Others will chime in with suggestions but until then, give him some bread. Mine has gotten bones on several occassions (I live in an area with lots of construction and the workers just dump their garbage in the street) and that is what I have done. I also watch poops for awhile to make sure I don't see blood.

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

Guest normaandburrell

You could call your vet for advice but I think they would say just watch for symptoms. My greys also have gotten chicken bones on occasion. They look on the ground around garbage cans on collection day, and get all kinds of things before I can stop them.

Don't you think their stomachs would just digest the bread and leave the bone?

No, absolutely not. When Ed's dog ate an 8x8 Pyrex glass pan of brownies....all the brownies AND all the glass, the vet immediately started loading him up on bread to protect and pad his gut. How body did not digest the bread and leave the glass, he pooped out bread with glass embedded in it. He lived another 5 years, too!

His xrays were fascinating to look at!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

<<he pooped out bread with glass embedded in it.>>

:yikes

Sending soft thoughts to jfhandy's pup. Welcome to the world of clear countertops.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter