Bridge Angels In 2014

macoduck

Guest normaandburrell

I was too new to this forum and to my loss at the time, but could you please add Brassy Coors to the list for May? He left us on Mother's Day, but made a place for his cousin twice removed, Iceman McBones, who is with us now. Thank you for doing this. The idea of all these babies being tucked in together is so reassuring.

I was too new to this forum and to my loss at the time, but could you please add Brassy Coors to the list for May? He left us on Mother's Day, but made a place for his cousin twice removed, Iceman McBones, who is with us now. Thank you for doing this. The idea of all these babies being tucked in together is so reassuring.

Brassy Coors has been tucked in to May. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OurGreytLife

Next week it will be one year that my worst nightmare happened - I lost 4 of my 5 fur babies all within days of each other:

Blackie - (14 yr old kitty) crossed the bridge on Feb 10, 2014 from liver failure

Walter - (14 yr old Lab mix) crossed the bridge Feb 17, 2014 from tumor & progressive neurologic complications in both rear legs

Joey - (just turned 9 yrs greyhound) crossed the bridge on March 6, 2014 lost his battle with bone cancer. Was diagnosed 3 days after losing Walter. Declined rapidly.

Cubby - (14 yr old kitty) crossed the bridge on March 9, 2014 suddenly became very ill. Discovered lymphoma.

Then we lost our last fur baby, Mew-Mew (14 yr kitty) on July 4, 2014 from cancer discovered from biopsy & surgery in August.

My heart is still shattered and my mind is still in shock over such loss of my "family". It has been the hardest year of my life since I lost them. Despite all my money, knowledge and the best veterinarians, I could not save them. I find peace in knowing that I did not let them suffer and they are all together again in a better place where their bodies are young and strong again playing in the sun and fields awaiting my arrival one day.

To those who's beloved fur baby(ies) are on that list, hang in there and know you do not grieve alone. Only a true pet lover understands this kind of loss. I suffered panic attacks and PTSD from so much loss in such a short amount of time. I got the right kind of help to deal with my overwhelming grief.

To Blackie, Walter, Joey, Cubby and Mew-Mew : "Mommy" and "Daddy" miss you more than words can say. We were so fortunate to have had you in our life. The tears still flow but we also remember all the good times because there were so many great memories of your love.

It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. So true.

Thank you for this thread.