Bridge Angels In 2014

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in 2014. As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

January
Benjamin
Bishop
Doubles
Murphy, the horse
Ayeeda, a sweet Japanese chin
Rickie, the whippet
Rudy
Oscar
Goody
Derek
Dita
Haka
Missy
Ike
Treetop
Gracie Rose
Millie
GhostWalker
Pixie, the kitty
Lucas
Karen, greyhound owner and tireless volunteer
Casper, the Dogo
Rea
Minnie, the standard poodle
Morgan
Flip
Sam
Penny

Ross

February
Shannon
Zone
Mork
Lynne
Blackie, the kitty
Freight
Oliver, the sweet little chicken
Major
Ginger
Walter, the lab mix
King
Lazer
Pawn
Perry, the standard poodle
Jackson, the pit bull and pal to greyhounds
Daisy, a little jack russell terrior
Jesse
Sequoia
Teddy, the golden retriever
Sasha, the samoyed
Matt
Casper

Badger

March
Joe
Jesse
Mimosa
Joey
Maggie, a black lab
Cubby, the kitty
Nadir
Binx
Judi McGovern, GPA LA/MS (Ret) President
Dylan
Get Em
Scotch
Nelson
Woody
Pinky
Cait
Sadie
Abbie
William
KiKi
Charisma
Moose

April
Sadie, the black lab
Moose
PUdge, le mutt
Holly
Tinto, the galgo
Babe
Social
Jackie
Dalton
Lady
Seamie
Copper, the pomeranian
Jinsi, the Dogo Argentino
Queen
Yvain
Charlie, the galgo
Ami, the kitty
Cleo
Egon
Missy Pea
Lily
Isabella
Carl
Maya
Claire Duckett, macoduck's mom
Lucy

May
Vico
Avalanche
Fiona
Carol
Gunner
Tori
Corbin, the quarter horse
Nell
Wren
Roxy, the sweet little mutt girl
Dr. Pepper
Ben (from NJ)
Grace
Pepper
Bart
Donovan
Billy
Cooper
Shawn Concannon, GT member Bones_Sox63
Hazel
Petyr "Pete" Baelish, the rat
Rhonda
Spirit

Brassy Coors

June
Dory
Sarge
Blossom, the mutt
Tess
Babs
Tractor
Red
Tim Fullbright, devoted Grandpa to Hot Rod, Little Millie, and Roman Tiger
Calla
Skeeterbug, the beagle/lab pal to greyhounds
Duke
Lilly Mimosa Maria
Sue Gaiser, vice president of Greyhounds Only (GO)
Gabriel

GiGi

July
Dammit Arrow
Yagger
Jakie
Supoda
Pongo
Duke
Rue
Paul
Dylan
Maddox
Moose
Mew Mew, the kitty
Bill Sharpsteen, founder of GCGA in Clearwater FL
Poodle, the mohawk wearing poodle
Nellie
Dill, the duck
Pepper
Misha
Aston
Argos
Cooper

August
Tasha, a non-greyhoundie girl
Secret
Cesaer, the kitteh
Clodagh
Quip
Jackie
Pepe, the rat
Ali
George of Noo England
Holly, the mixed breed from the UK
Sally
Karoo
Stripes, the kitty
Carly
Brady
Athena
Spirit
Shelby
Laz
Peace
Cinderella

September
Scully
Moxie
Kebo
Eden
Maddie
Bear
Diamond
Nutmeg
Peanut
Whiskers, the kitty
Lefty, the kitty
Dalton
BT, the horse
Greta
Dr Sophia Yin
Polly
Brucie
Mohican

Harvey

October
Bullitt
Comet
Baron, the border collie
Annie
Aquitaine
Hydro
Chellie
Sadie
Anna
Spartacus
Annie
Avril & Zeus

Kenzie

November
Dove
Bleu
Nigel
Penske
Blue
Echo
Gidget
Charley
Wendy
Chase, the kitty
Emily Driscoll & her greyhound Quincy
Zoe, beautiful retired racing Greyhound
Benjamin, sweet old Poodle
Megan, sweet older lady Poodle
Fox, rescued Blue Heeler German Shepherd cross

Tivvy

December
Harry
Vanessa Johnson (Canine Transport Service)
Lady
Gilby
Myke Stewart (GT member Perfectweather)
Fox, rescued Blue Heeler German Shepherd cross
(Foster) Sweet
John McEuen, twoskinnydogs' handsome blue boy
Carmen
Reggie
Fruitycake, the cat
Hattie
Peanut
Luke
Brianna
Ikaris
Wylie
Ishmael, the deerhound
Arias
Zachary
Noah

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be bright and clear, as they always were.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:cry1

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:f_red:grouphug

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you for putting this together, as heartbreaking as it is. :cry1

Would you add Badger to February and Kenzie to October? I didn't add them to the months' lists but would like to have them included.

Thanks.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Badger and Kenzie have been tucked in. :grouphug

Too often it is extremely difficult to write about our own pets passing and to find fitting words when our friends here have a loss, hence my reason for beginning the Bridge Angels List.

This year I consider myself lucky. I only lost PUdge, my mutt girlie, and my mom.

thane018.jpg005_zpsb7102c69.jpg

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:beatheart Thank you.

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Thank you for putting this list together every year Ducky. We all appreciate it so much.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I agree completely with Judy. Thank you Ducky.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

We may feel alone without them, but with the List it feels like they are not alone.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thanks Ducky. This is always a sad post. Could you add two of my girls please? I lost GiGi in June and Tivvy in November.

GiGi and Tivvy have been tucked in. :grouphug

tiny hada siggy.png

We may feel alone without them, but with the List it feels like they are not alone.

Thank you.

This is such a kind service you give every year Ducky, thank you.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

could you please add Harvey to September...thank you.

Harvey has been tucked in. :grouphug

Could you please add Ross to January? Thanks

Ross has been tucked in. :grouphug

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest sireltonsmom

Thanks Ducky. Our kids who've gone to the Bridge can't be honored too often. They're so special. It's a sad, but wonderful service you provide. Brings tears.

Thank you for your kind words.

It takes my breath away to see just how many leave us in one year's time.

tiny hada siggy.png