Dominance And Marking Questions With Keiva

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

First - background:

Keiva is 7 and will make her first gotcha day with us next Thursday! ( :beatheart ) We are her only forever home as we got her right from her owners when her broodie days were over. She will be 8 the week after next!

Our other two have been with us 2 years. Moonbeam is 5. Hattie is 3 and a half.

She has always been a marker on walks (much like Moonbeam is), and has been known to mark in the vet's office on occasion. Well, now we're adding some new twists and I am not sure what to do as this is new territory for me. So... help!

Last weekend I had all three girls out in the backyard playing (all three are muzzled for safety). In a moment of break in the running, Keiva jumps on Moonbeam and starts gettin down. Moonbeam was too shocked to do anything but I pulled Keiva off of her immediately anyway. (our shepard mix tried that with Moonbeam ONCE, and she immediately let him know that was not acceptable).

Today, my partner had them out in the yard again. This time Keiva jumps on Hattie and starts gettin down. After my partner pulled her off, Keiva decided to go pee in the hole that all 3 girls were digging. What's interesting here is that Hattie is NOT a dominant girl. She will whine and gripe if you get in her space and she's cranky, but she is the baby and likes to please everyone.

Lastly, if we go to a friend's house with her, she will mark even if we make sure she pees before going inside. Mortifying even when it's another greyhound owner who understands. So now I don't know how to help with that so I can take her to more places?

It's nothing major right now, but as I have not been in this situation before, I want to make sure that I know what I should be doing, not doing, looking for, or just shrug and move on.

If you need more info on anything about them, let me know. :)

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Marking and humping behaviors are actually more likely to be due to stress, anxiety, and other social factors than dominance. Have there been any outside factors or changes to your household/routine recently that may causing Keiva to experience more stress than usual? Here are a few articles you may find helpful:

What to do About Your Humping Dog

Urine Marking in Dogs

Dog Behavior Problems - Marking Behavior

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Thanks!

Not that I can readily think of. Routines are the same, feeding same. I will keep thinking though and see if I am missing something.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.