John Mceuen 4/9/2006- 12/9/2014

Maddiesmom

Jason asked that I post for him about his boy Jon McEuen going to the bridge.

John McEuen

aka: John, JonJon, Fatboy

John was born April 09, 2006 at Block Sporthounds in North Carolina. He was one of four pups born out of the breeding of Fortress Blue and Bug Bite. He was the only blue of the litter and was owned by Doug Allen. John had a decent racing career and raced at Palm Beach out of B&B Kennel until April 2009 when he was brought back to NC. He was brought to COF greyhounds by his racing owner with the intentions of his owner bringing him home. Some things didnt work out and John became a fixture at the farm. I first met John at the farm in 2009 and fell in love with him right away. John was not technically available for adoption and quickly became the farm blue dog. After I lost my heart dog, Emma in January of 2012 I was given John. John quickly became a couch dog and loved Toby to death. The two of them had run and played many times at the farm and were pretty much best buds before John came. Abouta month after John came I found out that Toby had cancer also. John was a blessing to me and my family as we tried everything we could to save Toby. In May of 2012 Toby was set free and John was alone with us. I was really worried about John at that point because this was the first time in his life he was alone. I was out of work during all that time due to a spinal fusion and became very close to John.

About 2 weeks after losing Toby I found a beautiful, little girl posted on Greytalk who was looking for a new home. She was young and was looking for a home because shewas not at all cat safe as once thought. So John and I traveled to the Virginia lineand picked up our beautiful Rita. Immediately John became her rock, her savior. Shewas very shy and weary of everything. John was what I call a bomb proof dog, he didn't scare at all. Over the next several months the two would become best of friends. I would find them sleeping together and always touching in some fashion.

We took our first official trip just weeks after Rita arrived to Mountain Hounds. John of course was loved by everyone as he always was. John continued to be there for Rita throughout the whole weekend.

John was my cuddle bug by this time, no matter where I sit or lay down he would be there too. He slept every night with me in bed for the entire 3 years I had him. John was a different than usual blue greyhound. You see most blue hounds have some strange quirk about them, well John didnt at all. His only quirk was that he was overly affectionate to me and especially his little two legged sister, Isabella. John had become Bellas buddy. He showed her as much affection as me, and went looking for her from time to time. John and Bellas relationship grew as she did. Bella told everyone that John was her dog and not her dads. She loves John to death.

We attended several events over the three years he was with us, to include Beach Bound Hounds. John loved all the attention but not so much the Ocean lol. He vacationed with me almost always. I try to vacation with my hounds as much as possible. John has been to the beach many times, the NC Mountains and several other places. He loved to travel!

John was an avid rabbit, squirrel and chipmunk hunter. I dont think he ever actually caught anything other than a rabbit, but he very much enjoyed the hunt. Youcould find John in our backyard at the rock wall with his head in the rocks and you could hear him sniffing and taking deep breaths lol.

John got his nickname JonJon from Bella when she was about 2. She began calling him that and it stuck with him till the day he left us. The fatboy nickname was given to him on the farm. You see when I got John he weighed 88 pounds, 13 pounds more than his racing weight. He was a piggy and ate food like there was no tomorrow After bringing him home and getting his food right I was able to get him to 75-76 pounds, and he stayed there so I actually only called him Fatboy when he was taking his sweet time coming in from outside.

John had an exceptional greyhound nose. His nose was purple with dark purple spots. But that was not what made his nose exceptional.. It was that John actually used it like a Lab or German Shepard. He could find a single piece of kibble if it were hidden in a 4 pile of leaves lol. He was the scavenger of the house, always checking behind the other hounds after meals for leftovers along with checking behindus and the kids. John was one of those greyhounds that you would actually trip over;he was a big boy but would lay down behind you in a heartbeat. Many of times I have stumbled over John in the kitchen.

One of Johns favorite positions was on his back, or the roach. He would sleep in the roach position with his teeth showing, it was a little creepy actually because helooked like a vampire sometimes. My special thing to please John was his ear rubs. NOBODY could make John moan like I could by rubbing his ears. He loved me doing thisand would stop whatever he was doing if I touched his ear. One other feature about my sweet boy was his hook tail. His tail actually had a hook in it and it he stood next to one of the other hounds he could hook their legs with it. His hook tail has always been with him, it can be seen on his race replays lol.

John was a smiling dog, he would grin at us when he wanted something or when he was really happy. John also did what I called the crooky nose. This was accomplished by me scratching the side of his face below his eye, when I did that he would bend his nose over so far it almost was 90 degrees from where it started lol. If I chose to scratch both sides at the same time he would smile so big you could see every tooth in his head. He was a comical boy and I will miss everything about him!

I never expected to have to say goodbye to John this soon. He would have been 9 in April of 2015. His illness began on December 7th and he was gone from here on December 9th, 2014. Johns mother, Bug Bite also died from something similar to whathappened to him. There was nothing that could be done for him with medications and Iwould not allow for my sweet boy to suffer at all. As pet owners we are blessed withthe ability to give our beloved pets the chance to not suffer.

As a family we will get through this and we will NEVER forget John and all the happiness that smiling blue face brought us. I know that I will see him again and that he is playing pain free with Emma, Toby and he met my Shaft. He was reunited with his mother and father along with countless other greyhounds that he met while hewas here on earth who passed before him.

Our pack is missing John along with us. Rita has been different and seems to be looking for John. She gave me a sad look yesterday and I started crying all over again. She was the most attached to him out of our 5, she is grieving with us.

Rest In Peace, John. I will see you again!

Godspeed to you my beautiful blue boy.

John McEuen

46A-37494

Fortress Blue x Bug Bite

April 09, 2006 December 09, 2014

RIP_John_zpsfdc58095.jpg

IMG_0395mod_zps26f301cf.jpg

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

What a lovely tribute. Jason, I am so sorry for your loss. It was a privilege to have met your John.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Godspeed, special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Lovely tribute, for an exceptional dog lost way too soon.

I'm so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wonderful tribute to a wonderful dog. I am so very sorr for the loss of John. We had a John, too. John E was his name and he was a blue as well.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry that John had to leave. Your tribute was wonderful.

Run free, John. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a beautiful boy. So very sorry he had to leave.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What an absolutely beautiful boy he was and how sad that he had to leave much too young.

Condolences to his family and all who knew and loved him.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

A very special pup he was and always will be. He sounds like one in a million and you were both lucky to have each other. I wish he did not have to leave.

Run free John, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm am so very sorry for your loss. He was a well loved dog for sure. :grouphug

:gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so very sorry. Your gorgeous and special boy left much too soon.

Godspeed John.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)