A Plug For Pet Insurance

seeh2o

I received Doodles completed medical notes yesterday, forwarded it and her detailed and paid charges (I'm so grateful for Care Credit...now called Synchrinity or something like that) to Healthy Paws and received an email today that they received it, reviewed it and will be covering everything minus their normal stuff (minus office visit and 10%)! I love them!

ETA, they are preparing the check now.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Johberry

We recently enrolled our overall healthy hound for insurance through Healthy Paws. For those thinking about it, be advised that they no longer do a medical record review when you enroll. This pisses me off because I don't understand why not. It would be nice to know what they would consider a pre-existing condition. The only things Enzo had when we adopted him were hookworm and a UTI and when I called to inquire, they weren't exactly clear. "Well, if he gets another UTI a year from now, we MIGHT cover it." Seriously, "might"? Pretty ridiculous I can't get a straight answer because they refuse to do a review. I still had his records send over to them even though it's useless because they won't do a review. Cheers!

Edited by Johberry

.......and HP covers seniors!!!!!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest AimeeBee

We recently enrolled our overall healthy hound for insurance through Healthy Paws. For those thinking about it, be advised that they no longer do a medical record review when you enroll. This pisses me off because I don't understand why not. It would be nice to know what they would consider a pre-existing condition. The only things Enzo had when we adopted him were hookworm and a UTI and when I called to inquire, they weren't exactly clear. "Well, if he gets another UTI a year from now, we MIGHT cover it." Seriously, "might"? Pretty ridiculous I can't get a straight answer because they refuse to do a review. I still had his records send over to them even though it's useless because they won't do a review. Cheers!

That's very strange. I enrolled with HP recently and emailed them requesting a medical records review right after (because I had heard about it through here). They got back to me with where to send the records and I had the review letter shortly after. I felt they were pretty reasonable with what they considered "pre-existing", but I'll be saving that letter for sure anyway in case I need to make a claim in the future.

Glad to hear they otherwise seem to be doing what they say they will -- a refreshing change from most businesses nowadays.

Edited by AimeeBee

Guest Johberry

That's very strange. I enrolled with HP recently and emailed them requesting a medical records review right after (because I had heard about it through here). They got back to me with where to send the records and I had the review letter shortly after. I felt they were pretty reasonable with what they considered "pre-existing", but I'll be saving that letter for sure anyway in case I need to make a claim in the future.

Glad to hear they otherwise seem to be doing what they say they will -- a refreshing change from most businesses nowadays.

It is strange. When I emailed right after I had enrolled last week, I got a reply saying they no longer do reviews following enrollment and will only do one upon the first claim. When I called the next day to confirm, the representative I spoke to told me the same thing: their policies have changed and they no longer do medical history reviews despite receiving the records after enrollment. The second email I received was just them confirming they received the records the vet's office had faxed over.

Perhaps they're being discriminatory. It wouldn't be the first time for me if that was the case. Still, it is shady especially now learning you recently signed up and they did a review with no problem.

Anyhow, consider yourself lucky you got a medical review done, so good for you. Wish they would do so for my hound. Oh well. If something comes up with him after the wait period and within the 30-days of allowable cancellation and I file a claim they refuse, I'll simply cancel and look elsewhere for pet insurance.

Perhaps they're being discriminatory. It wouldn't be the first time for me if that was the case.

Just curious, how would this be discriminatory? What would they be discriminating against?

If you want a policy review, I'd ask to speak with a supervisor and press the issue. It makes no sense for you to pay a monthly premium and have a nasty surprise when/if you ever send in a claim. Makes no sense at all. I'm not even sure it is legal, it certainly isn't ethical and I would definitely point that out to them. You could also send the president/CEO of the company an email about it. Neylasmom actually was in contact with him he saw her post about Healthy Paws (here on GT, I think) and reached out to her.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I can't comment on their new policy but, I can comment how happy I am with them. My boy was at the e-vet last night-raging uti. Antibiotics and rads-completely covered. I submitted the claim via their app this morning and I received confirmation that my claim had been reviewed within hours of my submission-I'll receive the compensation check within the next 3 days.

Has anyone heard of or use PetPlan? They are the FreeKibble answer today. I've been thinking of going with Healthy Paws and am curious about PetPlan as I've not heard of them. Anyone? TIA.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We started with petplan (uk) but, after a really frustrating conversation I got so annoyed I cancelled.

Our boy came with policy details with one months insurance when we rehomed so I rang up to continue the policy. I explained that I had no previous medical history at all but there were no medical conditions i was aware of. I was told I needed to answer a list of questions which went on for ages all with the same answer among the line of:

Q any joint problems

A not that I'm aware of

Q any previous surgery

A not that I'm aware of

This was fine until we got to teeth...

Q any dental problems

A not that I'm aware of

Q does he have all of his teeth

A I'm not sure how many he's supposed to have. I don't know how to tell

Q unfortunately due to this preexisting dental condition there will an exclusion on any dental claims...

I found this really annoying, I'm not a vet so I couldn't comment accurately and I was without any medical records so couldn't give any history. I was left without confidence in them. Other people might have different experiences or I might be naive.