Tylan Powder Ideas Needed

I have been giving Robin tylan powder each day, mixing it with cornstarch in order to mask the bitter taste. However, his poops continue to be like milkshake every time. I'm doing a lot of different things, but i would like to see if i can give him the tylan without cornstarch for a few doses to make sure he's not reacting to the cornstarch. Seems like a long shot, but you never know.

So i need some other ideas for masking the flavor. He's giving me a really hard time right now about pills and powders in his food, so this will be tricky, but i want to try. Any ideas?

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Rocket takes Tylan in a capsule with each meal. I fill the capsules by hand.

A number 0 capsule filled to the top is about 1/8 tsp which is the dosage he uses. I give him the capsule in a very small piece of cheese (Velveeta) with no problems at all. You can get empty capsules at any health food store, a compounding pharmacy or online. I have tried both gelatin capsules and vegan capsules with no real difference noted.

You could also put the capsule in anything that you know won;t bother him like a piece of hot dog, pill pocket etc...

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We use 1/4 teaspoon. I flatten out a ball of canned food (the non-chunky kind) @ the size of a small egg, dump the powder in, and fold it back up again. Dog just gulps it down. I've also used a quarter-slice-of-bread peanutbutter sandwich (bread of your choice) with peanutbutter in a circle, powder in the middle, pinch closed. Molasses might hide the taste if you need to go that route.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

When Lady needs a course of Tylan I fill the empty gel caps I buy at a health food store, and just pill her. Open. Shove. Close. Rub throat. I do it so fast she doesn't see it coming! Good luck. Tylan is the most nasty tasty stuff.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Wet dog food meatballs, as Batmom suggested above, worked best for us when capsules didn't.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.