So. They Ate Godiva.

Maybe this should be in Soap Box.

One or both of the frickin fracken hounds got into the closet and pulled down some Christmas gifts. The chocolates were wrapped with a lovely red blanket. Blanket is slimy. Chocolate bag is shredded, no evidence of shiny wrappers. It was a mix of milk, dark, and white truffles. Smallish bag -- 15-20 pieces. I was going to mail it today. Vet said to give bread to move things along. Joe has *just* started back on a normal diet.

They're going to have Christmas poop.

Blankie, at least, is for a dog person. She'll understand the dried slobber.

Damn it! I really need some chocolate now.

Oh boy....hope that is not a big mess coming out! After the great granola bar incident at my house there were a couple unpleasant messes!!

Merry Christmas!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I feel your pain. Xavi and I ended up at the evet a few weeks ago after he decided to help himself to dark chocolate covered figs. Of course I can find more locally; I bought them at Wegman's.

Check out this really great interactive chocolate and dogs chart

clicky here

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest chickenpotpie

oh my...

They have good taste in candy at least?? :hehe I hope for an uneventful outcome.

FWIW, Lucky snarfed down half a loaf of banana-cranberry bread...in wrapping paper...She usually dosen't do that type of thing but considering her dad put it at nose-level, I couldn't exactly get mad. THe poops were interesting for a day.

I feel your pain. Xavi and I ended up at the evet a few weeks ago after he decided to help himself to dark chocolate covered figs. Of course I can find more locally; I bought them at Wegman's.

Check out this really great interactive chocolate and dogs chart

clicky here

Thanks! Your chart basically says they might crap and puke. I covered our bed, as it's the preferred puking location!

Thanks! Your chart basically says they might crap and puke. I covered our bed, as it's the preferred puking location!

Of course it is :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Beanie would always run for one of the dog beds if she had to puke. I have vinyl floors to make cleanup easier but no she insisted on puking on the beds. If I pushed her away she'd run right back.

Sorry to hear this, hope it "passes" as uneventfully as possible.

I could leave chocolate laying around all over the place in my house and Johnny wouldn't touch the stuff, it is like kryptonite to him :lol

He is the first dog I have ever known, let alone owned that didn't like it.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

if this makes you feel better a borzoi that my old boyfriend and i rescued ate 3 boxes of wrapped chocolate christmas ornaments-she unwrapped each and everyone that was on our tree! those were the days before people freaked out about dogs eating chocolate.

now go out and buy some trader joe's truffles- just as good- but keep them in the fridge. the dogs will find them in the closet!

oh ... sorry about it. I have Riley, the chocolate lover at my house (he likes the 72% cacao covered cocoa beans ... guaranteed stomach pumping).

In addition to bread, if its worse than that, consider having a bottle of fresh hydrogen peroxide in the house. A tablespoon or so (delivered with a baby medicine syringe or a turkey baster) will immediately (within 10 min) cause vomiting of the offending chocolate. I then follow up with activated charcoal (food grade, not fishtank) to absorb any residual toxins. This works well if you catch the problem within 3-4 hours of "the event".

Sorry about the stinky house, but I'm really glad its nothing worse!!

:lol Oh wow. If it makes you feel any better, Henry did this one year with a box of Ferrero Rochers. He unwrapped and ate every single one- it must've taken HOURS.

Henry is smarter than whichever one of mine did the deed. They ate the wrappers.

No problems yet. Brees was really hyper for a bit yesterday. Sugar and caffeine?